We're pleased to announce the release of the WoltLab Suite 5.5, consisting of the powerful Core package and our 5 modular apps that enrich your community.
A new feature is the live update, which has been in use on woltlab.com for some time already and notifies about new notifications and posts in real time. Especially in popular threads you can read new posts without reloading the page and participate in the discussion immediately.
The new search function also offers significantly increased convenience and allows effortless refinement of the results through additional filters, even sharing the URL is now possible. Also worth mentioning is the new subscription feature for threads, which for the first time also allows ignoring threads.
New Features & Improvements in WoltLab Suite 5.5
We have showcased other improvements in our blog. Please take your time to learn about the new features that this version has in store:
- New Features in WoltLab Suite 5.5: User Menu and Mobile Page Header Overhaul
- New Features in WoltLab Suite 5.5: Revision of Buttons and Ignoring Threads
- New Features in WoltLab Suite 5.5: Search Overhaul
- New Features in WoltLab Suite 5.5: Other Improvements
- New Features for Developers in WoltLab Suite 5.5
Upgrading from WoltLab Suite 5.3
Please follow the instructions in our manual on running the upgrade through the admin panel:
Updates - WoltLab Suite Manual
 The live update is an exclusive feature for all our cloud hosting customers.