This file is no longer available for purchase.
Almost every website uses images and many websites use IFrames (e.g. to embed Youtube videos). These elements all load by default when the page is accessed, regardless of whether they are actually needed or not. At the same time, the world is becoming increasingly mobile and data volume is traded like a finite resource in many places, so there is some need for the ability to limit data volume consumption. Preferably without any noticeable side effects.
This extension for WoltLab Suite implements native lazy loading into your community. In doing so, all images (i.e. including avatars, the logo, etc.) and IFrames are given the HTML attribute loading="lazy", allowing modern browsers to load these elements only when they are needed and not immediately when the page is called. Older browsers and those that do not natively support lazy loading (see Can I use... Support tables for HTML5, CSS3, etc) can optionally be extended with this feature using a so-called polyfill. You can find the corresponding option in the system settings of your WoltLab Suite installation.
And while we are on the subject of positive effects: This extension can also lead to a better Google page speed ranking!
Please note that it may be necessary to enable it in the browser first to use this feature. Here you can find instructions for Chrome and Firefox. In addition, note that images won't be printed if they're out of the viewpoint!
What's next after my purchase?
After your payment, it's advised to activate your account for the support area of this extension. To do so, visit https://activate.softcreatr.com, register your account if necessary, and activate your license. After successful activation, you'll receive access to the support area of this extension and access to our "Fast Lane Service", where you can download the latest versions right after their release and before they will be activated here in the plugin store.
- 24.39 kB
- 10 Downloads
Fixed compatibility issues (Polyfill)
- 21.23 kB
- 5 Downloads
- Images and/or IFrames that already have the loading attribute will be ignored now
- Smileys and logos (desktop only) are now decoded synchronously* and loaded "eagerly"
- Images that are neither smileys nor logo images are now decoded asynchronously* and loaded "lazy" (as before)
* = The decoding attribute is supported by all major browsers (see https://caniuse.com/mdn-html_elements_img_decoding). More information: https://html.spec.whatwg.org/m…html#img-decoding-process
- 21.22 kB
- 4 Downloads
Version 5.3.1 pl 2
- 24.26 kB
- 9 Downloads
- Template listener for polyfill injection removed and changed to event listener
- 24.11 kB
- 12 Downloads