We are proud to announce the first public beta of WoltLab Suite 5.4. Continuing the successful version 5.3 and featuring many sophisticated improvements and useful new features, this version once again delivers the best possible experience for your community.
WoltLab Suite 5.4 requires the following prerequisites to install and run the software:
- Webserver with PHP 7.2.24 or newer (PHP 7.4/8.0 recommended)
- MySQL 5.7.31 or newer / MySQL 8.0.19 or newer / MariaDB 10.1.44 or newer
- Current Webbrowser (Chrome 91+, Firefox 89+, Safari 14+, Microsoft Edge 91+)
- Download the installation archive onto your computer.
- Extract the archive.
- Upload the files install.php, test.php and WCFSetup.tar.gz onto your webserver.
- Start the installation by navigating with your webbrowser to the test.php.
Updating from earlier versions
The first beta version explicitly does not support updating from previous versions of our software. Update support will be added with future releases.
No Support for Internet Explorer 11
WoltLab Suite 3.1 was the last version with explicit support for Internet Explorer 11, but we continued to silently support it up until WoltLab Suite 5.4. The support for this ancient and insecure browser is now officially terminated and WoltLab Suite 5.4 does not support Internet Explorer 11.
Usage and Support
This evaluation version is not suitable for use in production environments, doing so is entirely at your own risk. An update from WoltLab Suite 5.4 Beta 1 to future versions is not guaranteed. You may use these apps for free until August 1st, 2021, if you would like to continue using this software past this date, you'll have to own a valid product license.
We're looking forward to hear your feedback and report of possible issues in this forum.
Download WoltLab Suite Forum 5.4 Beta 1
Download WoltLab Suite Blog 5.4 Beta 1
Download WoltLab Suite Calendar 5.4 Beta 1
Download WoltLab Suite Gallery 5.4 Beta 1