We are proud to announce the first public release candidate of WoltLab Suite 5.3. Building upon the success of version 5.2 and featuring many sophisticated improvements and useful new features, this version once again delivers the best possible experience for your community.
WoltLab Suite 5.3 requires the following prerequisites to install and run the software:
- Webserver with PHP 7.0.22 or newer (PHP 7.4+ recommended)
- MySQL 5.5.35 (or newer) / MariaDB 5.5.47 (or newer) / MariaDB 10.0.22 (or newer)
- Current Webbrowser (Chrome 85+, Firefox 81+, Safari 13+, Microsoft Edge 85+)
- Download the installation archive onto your computer.
- Extract the archive.
- Upload the files install.php, test.php and WCFSetup.tar.gz onto your webserver.
- Start the installation by navigating with your webbrowser to the test.php.
Experimental Upgrade for WoltLab Suite 5.2
You can now upgrade existing WoltLab Suite 5.2 installations, but please keep in mind that the upgrade is EXPERIMENTAL and should not be used in production environments.
Please follow the guidelines for the upgrade Upgrading WoltLab Suite 3.1 to WoltLab Suite 5.2 with two notable exceptions:
- In step 3 use the address http://update.woltlab.com/5.3/ instead.
- In step 5 use the address http://store.woltlab.com/5.3/ instead.
Usage and Support
This evaluation version is not suitable for use in production environments, doing so is entirely at your own risk. An update from WoltLab Suite 5.3 RC 1 to future versions is guaranteed. You may use these apps for free until November 20th, 2020, if you would like to continue using this software past this date, you'll have to own a valid product license.
We're looking forward to hear your feedback and report of possible issues in this forum.