BitPay is a payment service provider specialized in cryptocurrencies, which has processed more than USD 5 billion and over 10 million transactions since 2011. Thousands of companies already trust BitPay, including Microsoft, Twitch, Namecheap, airBaltic and Newegg.
Which cryptocurrencies and stablecoins are currently supported by this plugin?
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH)
- Bitcoin (BTC)
- Dogecoin (DOGE)
- Ethereum (ETH)
- Litecoin (LTC)
- Ripple (XRP)
- Shiba Inu (SHIB)
- Binance USD (BUSD)
- Dai (DAI)
- Gemini Dollar (GUSD)
- Paxos Standard (PAX)
- USD Coin (USDC)
- Wrapped Bitcoin (WBTC)
Other cryptocurrencies and stablecoins not listed here are currently not supported.
How can I start receiving payments?
You must first register at BitPay and then follow the instructions. We recommend that you go through this process first and only after that purchase this plugin.
Notes on this plugin
- Recurring payments, as is the case with credit cards with automatic debiting, are not supported due to the nature of cryptocurrencies. Of course, recurring payments, where the customer manually triggers a new payment process, are still possible.
- Depending on the transaction speed configuration that you can set in your BitPay account settings, the verification of a payment can take several minutes or hours. This delay is not due to the plugin, but serves the security of transactions.
- You must have an activated BitPay account.
- You must have WoltLab Suite™ Core 5.4 installed.
- You must have VieCode Shop 8.0 installed.
- You must use PHP 7.1 or newer.
- For PHP, OpenSSL must be available on your web server. This should normally already be the case. However, if you want to be sure, you can upload the linked script to your web server and call it in your browser.
Installation and initial setup
You can install this plugin as normal and configure it in the same way as the payment connection settings of other VieCode plugins. When you set it up for the first time, it is recommended that you set the shop to test mode and put your BitPay Test API Key as well as enable the test mode for BitPay in the options for this plugin. Now try to place an order in your shop and pay it using a cryptocurrency or stablecoin. Wait a few minutes and then check that the order status has been updated correctly. If this is the case, you can put your BitPay Live API Key, disable the test mode for BitPay in the plugin options and return the shop to production mode.
After purchasing in the Plugin-Store of WoltLab
You can register at Krymo Software and link your created account with your WoltLab account, so that you will be automatically granted access to the product support within few minutes.
- VieCode Shop
- Payment Method
- Payment Service Provider
- Bitcoin Cash
- USD Coin
- Gemini Dollar
- Paxos Standard
- Crypto Currency
- Shiba Inu
- Wrapped Bitcoin