New Thread button in Thread View

• Please move the New Thread button away from the Reply one. This will lead to a lot of wrong hits and Oooops and Why?s

• I like the button there.

I know you do otherwise it won't be there. But please think a little bit about poor admins that will have to deal with users :)

And this thingy that one has to press reply button every time they want to answer, not user-friendly. I mean all the users are use to scroll and type. No button.

• I think it's a kind of adaption to this new button. Nobody said anything about the small buttons for quoting, reporting, editing etc., which are located directly at each other and everybody succeed it to click on the correct button in the most cases. :)

• I also kinda hate it, that it comes back with WBB4. I was so happy they removed it with WBB3...

MfG Markus Zhang (aka RouL)

• which are located directly at each other and everybody succeed it to click on the correct button in the most cases.

That is different there is more that 2 of them so subconsciously one pays attention. With this two, especially that it is beeen terminated in other forum softwares it will bring trouble.

Edited once, last by ph3s ().

• I don't mind it there myself, when I had vBulletin before I had to get a plugin to add it again. IMHO, it helps users to create a thread quicker after they replied to a thread they're already viewing (less clicking to get back to same forum to make new thread). The "reply" button is highlighted blue too, so it separates the two buttons. Reply buttons underneath post box and to far right helps distinguish them.

• I don't mind it there myself, when I had vBulletin before I had to get a plugin to add it again

I know that plugin, I used it myself for the reason you mentioned. But in vB the reply button is underneath the QuckReply box, not next to New Thread. And the New thread button itself is on the left side. It would really help if wBB have a quick reply already open while loading the page of thread tho. But one must click the button Reply to open it.

• Official Post

It would really help if wBB have a quick reply already open while loading the page of thread tho. But one must click the button Reply to open it.

We're using a lazy initialization for the CKEditor, as always loading it significantly slows down the initial page speed. I've seen a different approach at IP.B where they use a fake text input which changes into a WYSIWYG editor once you click it. The click count is the same.

PS: It's WBB not wBB :P

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• PS: It's WBB not wBB

Pardon, just a typo :) Yeah I have seen IPB's trick and again it's a click. But a user clicks on the text area assuming to focus the cursor. :) Tricky but friendly.
    User is not forced to click the button they just "focusing the cursor into text area".

• You know I just realised it. It wasn't IPS who started to use that trick with pseudo text area. It was Google Mail ;)

Hey you got smilies :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!