An option in the profile to see all created threads

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

I think there should be a link in our profile that we can click to see all the threads we have created. Something like "Search for all the threads X have created".

• i see this option on member list page, but it doesn't work when clicking "posts" under the user's bit for all users. some users it works, some it doesn't. it would be nice to have this under profile as well though.

• What you describe is for the users posts, not the threads created by the user. And what you described is already in the users profile on the left side.

oh my mistake, you're right. :P i just assumed it would be show threads/posts .. some software, posts is "messages" both threads/posts.

• I'm not sure if it is that important to show threads created by author. I mean, in a forum, one creates a thread but then anyone else writes in it. So, showing individual posts by author may be all we need. Don't take me wrong, I would like to be able to search the forums I have created just as a curious search, but I'm not sure how many times I would perform such search and if it's worth the extra complication to implement it.

jsplain.com

• It's important to me, it's really the most vital thing I used in vBulletin and XenForo software to find things I need to find. Randomly thinking of a thread from long ago, remembering who wrote the thread, I immediately shoot to that user's profile and click "Find threads by that Username" and instantly find it or find the thread in relatively timely manner. The search feature in XenForo is horrible itself, I tried searching for threads by exact titles themselves and zero results showed up. I often found myself having to search against Xenforo.com via google to find my answers faster. Searching for "threads by users" via their profile is helpful and saves less digging and searching to find threads quickly. It would be a PITA to sit there manually searching for threads by titles all day with only normal search.

• @smooey You can still search for the thread started by a specific user by using the extended search: https://beta.woltlab.com/index.php/Search/

Yeah, I did that too. :D To me though, it quicker finding that user and then find their thread haha. Most times I remember the "WHO", not the "What" they posted, but finding the user is quicker itself lol. I just type domain.com/user/1234-mr-blah/ and I'm there instantly, then just click "find mr blah's threads".

• @smooey,
    What happens when an author has thousands of posts or dozens of threads?
    It becomes very difficult to search by just the thread itself.
    It's probably better to search by keywords and then choose the authors' thread from the search result.

jsplain.com

• @smooey,
    What happens when an author has thousands of posts or dozens of threads?
    It becomes very difficult to search by just the thread itself.
    It's probably better to search by keywords and then choose the authors' thread from the search result.

I had that problem before too, so I just search specific sections by username lol. In xenforo or vbulletin (I think it is), go to "Section Name" then in search box, type user name. In that "Section Name", it searches/loads all user's threads only. lol. Well, if I remember the thread that is, and what section it would probably be under. It's not always perfect either, so I search against site with Google.

• I don't care about this function at all, so I don't vote at all. :)

Ah okay lol. xD Thanks for pointing things out to me though, since I don't have live / active forum running with WBB yet, I haven't noticed what all features are where yet lol. Once it's active, I'll be noticing things even more. :) I love the features that WBB has though of course, versus XenForo. Alot of built-in core features are missing in XenForo and often times have to pay for plugins to get those core features, which sucks.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!