Add a language variable

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Hi,

Perhaps it's already the case, but I don't find...

It would have been useful to be able to add a language variable into the ACP.Because when you add a plugin, like for instance Shoutbox, there isn't usually the language file for french into the package. Therefore when you visit the forum in french you see the name of the variable and you can't easily add the language translation.

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

When you install a plugin and an installed language is not supported the language items from another language (in this order) are tried:

• The default language
    • English
    • Any installed language
    • Any delivered language

In case of the Shoutbox English should've been installed as French. Wasn't this the case in your installation?

• I set up the shoutbox, nothing else.

But maybe there is an error because I already translated some of the variables in the previous version of the shoutbox so the plugin thought that it was OK.

There is in fact only one variable which is not OK and this value is new from this version.

But even if it's this thing, I think it can be great to be able to create new language variables.

• Le mieux est de traduire directement le module lui même (càd extraire les fichiers de l'archive, créer un fichier xml fr, sur la base de l'Anglais par exemple, et recréer l'archive après).

Tu peux utiliser 7zip pour se faire, ainsi que notepad pour les fichiers xml ;)

C'est très facile une fois que l'on a compris le fonctionnement

• Oui, mais ce n'est pas la question.

Ce n'est pas à la portée de tout le monde d'aller chercher dans les files pour traduire directement les xml. Un simple outil permettant d'ajouter une variable de langue n'est en rien complexe à écrire et permettra une modification bien plus aisée pour n'importe quel utilisateur de la plateforme.

Merci tout de même pour l'astuce.

Il y a pour information également un autre moyen. Juste prendre le fichier de langue en .xml, le traduire en français en modifiant l'entête du xml et l'uploader comme un fichier de langue normal. Théoriquement ça remplace les anciennes variables de langues et ça ajoute les nouvelles :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!