Error Code 503 when Rebuiling Data - Why?

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 5.4

Hello,

When attempting to rebuild data (e.g., ACP > Management > Rebuild Data) I keep getting Error Code 503.

I have cleared the Cache but problem persists.

I also deleted "updates" which have been made recently but problem still persists.

Error Code 503 does not appear until after the "rebuild" reaches "Rebuild Gallery Images and Videos" -

and only after about a minute - sometimes less - into that particular "rebuild".

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Ruff Seas

UPDATE:

I manually went thru every "rebuild" (rather than clicking "Rebuild All"),

and EVERY rebuild goes thru without Error Code 503 EXCEPT for "Rebuild Gallery Images and Videos".

Can anyone tell me why this particular "rebuild" will not function?

Thank you

• All error codes starting with 5xx are rather generic and without the detailed error message in the server logs, it’s nearly impossible to say what’s the real problem is.

• Hello Black Rider,

Thanks for replying.

I looked at "Errors" in the ACP but the last listed "error log" I don't think has anything to do with the problem I have described here in this Thread

because the error is noted as occurring on May 1, 2022, and the first time I noticed the problem was three days ago or so, or about May 10th.

Perhaps I should be looking for error logs in my cPanel instead?

• Please post error messages always as text, which they are. Then, the error message can be found over the forum search by others with the same problem.

Screenshots are often very small and therefore difficult to decipher. In addition, the creation of screenshots takes longer than simply copying the text. A text also facilitates the helper's work, since he also can copy important paths etc. from the message, instead of manually write off from the image.

• The screen shot I posted shows all that was available when I logged into cPanel > Errors.

As for the screen shots being "small", clicking on the screen shot shows the "error log" quite clearly!

I can read it, and so should anyone else be able to read it.

There is no additional information other than what is shown in the Screen Shot.

• It’s just a principle as it doesn’t make sense to post error messages as anything other than text.

Besides that, the messages are useless. They just tell you that the configured files that are shown if such errors occur, are missing. But they don’t show the real occurred error.

• It’s just a principle as it doesn’t make sense to post error messages as anything other than text.

Besides that, the messages are useless. They just tell you that the configured files that are shown if such errors occur, are missing. But they don’t show the real occurred error.

Hello Black Rider,

So what would you suggest?

Perhaps I should I ask my Hosting Provider to examine this issue; and to let me know what exactly what the 503 Error is in my case?

And what, if any, remedy there is that can be taken?

For me personally, there is nothing more I can do regarding this issue -

because I can only "see" what is in cPanel and what displays regarding the "Error".

• I think, this is a good idea, yes. :)

Hello,

I presented the issue / problem related to "rebuilding images and Videos" to my Hosting Provider.

They examined the issue today and replied:

The problem is caused by a "timing out issue" and reaching (exceeding) the limits of [my] current shared hosting plan.

They suggested that I upgrade to a SSD-VPS Plan.

This Hosting Service has several Hosting Plans within their SSD-VPS Plans, so I have the option of choosing a plan that best fits my needs and budget.

So it would appear that I should heed their advice - and switch to SSD-VPS.

They recommended Plan 1 - their least expensive plan - however I am considering a plan above that particular grade.

UPDATE:

My Hosting Provider is going to upgrade my Hosting Level to their SSD-VPS-1 Plan at the start of my new Billing Cycle.

That should take care of the problem I was having with "rebuilds". If there is any future trouble, they will make good on it by correcting the problem.

Besides that, my Forum will load faster; and there are some added benefits (operations) that go with upgrading to VPS.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!