• My hosting company has just told me that my database size is too large at just over 1GB and I need to reduce its size within seven days or my website will malfunction.

My forum has 75,530 posts and 43,074 threads and the forum is now almost three years old. There are around 200 pictures on the site too.

If it's the case of deleting old posts, then I'm prepared to do that, but it's not my preference. One thing the hosting company did say was that one of the tables was over 400mb and I think that's related to a plugin by Batarjal , see here:

wcf1_tmdb_movie_person

I'm just wondering if the size of my database is normal for the amount of posts in my forum?

thanks

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• I've just had a look on the database after reading a quick help-guide about how to find out sizes of tables in databases and these are the largest tables I have after the one I've just mentioned:

wcf1_tmdb_movie - 121.2mb

wcf1_tmdb_person - 105.7mb

wbb1_post - 84.7mb

wbb1_post_search_index - 78.9mb

wcf1_tmdb_movie_genre - 23.5mb

wbb1_thread - 22mb

Does this look normal to you?

thanks

• Get a better hosting provider

Who would you recommend?

I've just switched back to my old host which is Siteground (on their growbig plan) after some problems with my new host and Siteground say that they place a limit on the size of my database to 750mb.

• Hetzner.de also offers cheap dedicated servers per month for rent on auction.

They are unmanaged, and you need to set them up yourself. It is fairly easy to do.

Just install a Linux, Apache, MariaDB and PHP environment on your server and import your database and boom.

If you need help let me know!

• They are unmanaged, and you need to set them up yourself. It is fairly easy to do.

Just install a Linux, Apache, MariaDB and PHP environment on your server and import your database and boom.

Please do not recommend unmanaged servers to people who maybe does not know how to manage a server. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!