Upgrading from 3.0 to 3.1

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

I have a large forum (~100 million posts) that I want to migrate from Woltlab Core 3.0 to 3.1 and from Burning Board 5.0 to 5.1. What troubles am I likely to encounter during the upgrade based on my forum size and what can I do to mitigate those issues?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't see that much of a problem, besides the usual concerns when it comes to the database migrations. There's a new column added to the user table and a key added to each the post and thread table, which could take a while to rebuild.

On the bright side, the upcoming version 5.2 will ship new PHP based database migrations that explicitly allow you to perform changes ahead of time, which are then detected and skipped automatically.

• Thanks for the replies, fellows!

Alexander, that sounds awesome! That’ll definitely get me to upgrade more quickly. 😄

If I recall, I can safely rebuild at anytime, though it’ll slow down my forum a bit?

• Offizieller Beitrag

If I recall, I can safely rebuild at anytime, though it’ll slow down my forum a bit?

I'm not exactly sure, but I think you can get away with skipping posts + post search index entirely, conversations + their search index should also work without a rebuild. There might be some other tasks that you could skip, but this would require a lot of digging to figure that one out and I'm positive that the other tasks aren't that much of an issue, even at your scale.

You can try to rebuild the data while the site is live, however, we do neither guarantee this to work nor do we recommend it. I'm somewhat positive that you can skip the aforementioned tasks and the remaining pieces shouldn't take too long, therefore I recommend that you take the site down (or at least enable the maintenance mode) while you run them.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!