"invalid security key" reset password

• Affected App
    WoltLab Suite Core

A user is getting invalid security key when clicking the link they receive when requesting a new password. The user name and email are correct...as they do get the email with a link for the password reset. When they follow the link they get the error.

This has happened before with others and I ended up manually giving them a password over the email, but I don't like doing that.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Thank you.

• Official Post

Hi

could it be that some kind of antivirus software “helpfully” clicked the links before showing the in order to check them for malware? Could it be that the email was delayed and the link expired?

• Hi

could it be that some kind of antivirus software “helpfully” clicked the links before showing the in order to check them for malware? Could it be that the email was delayed and the link expired?

No, it was nothing like that. I tested it myself by having the email for the password sent to me and I tried to follow the new link and got the same thing.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!