just a little think

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is a side-effect on the current implementation, where the post count of existing messages (the reply field is basically a special type of message) is not modified. It would actually be a lot of work to get everything synchronized, as this also affects any other posts by you in the very same thread.

That said, we're evaluating different approaches to get this out of the way, but so far none of them turned out to be appropriate in all cases. The best way to handle this is fully synchronizing the data, but given the large amount of changes, this could easily introduce new bugs.

This is definitely something we'll look into and work towards a solution, but it might takes us quite some time to get it done in the most appropriate way.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nur wenn es so "fix" ging wieso nicht auch für 3.0 schon.

Wie "schnell" man etwas umsetzen kann, ist dabei eher nebensächlich. Wichtiger ist eher, ob man damit (a) das Verhalten verändert und/oder (b) die Änderung potentiell zu Inkompatiblitäten führen kann. Wenn mindestens eines von beiden erfüllt ist, so landet die Änderung erst im nächsten Major-Release.

Sicherlich gibt es immer unterschiedliche Meinungen dazu, wann eine Änderung wichtig genug wäre, um in der aktuellen statt nächsten Version umgesetzt zu werden. Davon ab kommt es aber auch immer wieder vor, dass Änderungen im Verlaufe der Entwicklung wieder rückgängig gemacht werden, wenn dadurch zusätzliche Probleme entstehen, vor allem solche die nicht unmittelbar erkennbar sind.

Grundsätzlich haben wir in der Entwicklungsversion bereits eine modifizierte Darstellung, diese ist aber nicht zwangsläufig endgültig und Änderungen sind jederzeit möglich.

• I see this problem has been fixed for a future version, but if it were me, I would've just removed the avatar next to the editor box and extend the editor box to the full width of the page.

Why is there a need for the avatar next to the editor box in the first place? It serves no purpose that I can see.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I would've just removed the avatar next to the editor box and extend the editor box to the full width of the page.

CSS
    #messageQuickReply .messageSidebar { display: none; }
    #messageQuickReply .messageSidebar + .messageContent { margin-left: 0; flex-basis: 100%; max-width: 100%; }

Why is there a need for the avatar next to the editor box in the first place? It serves no purpose that I can see.

It makes sense if you imagine it as something that the author, that is, you, says. Other than that, the width somewhat matches the actual message width, strenghtening the WYSIWYG approach by matching the actual outcome as close as possible.

• Tried tried your CSS Alexander and it works great, but I see what you mean as the editor box does match the width of the actual message, so I've reverted it back to as it was.

I still think this could be tweaked somehow. Perhaps a box replacing the author's avatar with the logo of the forum and a message saying "type your text here" with an indicator pointing leftwards towards the editor box, or something like that.

Thanks for your help on this.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Offizieller Beitrag

There's quite a lot of cool stuff you can do with CSS :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!