a solution for portrait picture ?

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

I have the same message for the old version of woltlab with no solution and i try with the new version to find a solution....

it is the same problem for attachment and link picture

I have a photographic forum and because it is a photographic forum , i don't want to limit the size of picture to 800 pixels Height, because we want to see details.

For landscape picture , there are no problems we have the loop and we can see on the forum the whole picture .

For portrait picture , if the picture has 2000 pixels hight , it is a problem to see the whole picture .

I want to oblige the loop for resize if the height of the picture is more than 800 pixels ....

I can not use the miniature because it is too small

a solution ?

• in landscape picture , if the size of the picture is too big , we have a zoom with a magnifing glass

i want for a portrait picture have a zoom with a magnifing glass if the height of the picture is more 800 pixels ( 800 pixels because it is approximatively the height of a standard screen ) to see the whole picture and not a part of picture

• You want different settings for the preview of landscape and portrait pictures ?

If so, this is currently not supportet by the software.

i don't want different setting for landscape and portrait picture ,

i want that the maximun height for picture is 800 if the picture has a bigger height , the resize begin with the magnifing glass

• Code
    .messageText img{max-height:800px}

this code works for attachment picture , the picture is resized and i have the magnifing glass

but the pictures with external url are affected , are there a specific code for attachment picture ? because pictures with external url don't have the magnifing glass

a solution for picture with external url have the magnifing glass ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The height is never taken into account, as it is not a limiting factor. External images are scaled down to a maximum of 100% the available width of the message, at no point is the height even considered. Please provide an example that yields a reproducible case in which this does not work as expected.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!