Setting forum permissions

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

I want to set my forums up so that they are usable by paid members only: guests should be able to see and enter the forums, but should not be able to enter/read threads or post; users should be able to see and enter the forums and read threads, but should not be able to post; paid members should have access to enter the forums, read and respond to threads, start their own threads, engage in conversations, etc...

What is the best way to achieve this? Through user group permissions, or through forum permissions (i.e., should I set user group permissions very loosely and restrict access at the forum level, or should I set up user group permissions very restrictively and allow full access at the forum level) or some combination of these? I've set up a "Members" user group and a paid subscription that will automatically add subscribers to that Members group, but I'm not sure how to set the permissions to allow them full access while restricting the other user groups.

Thanks in advance for helpful suggestions (or links to documentation; I couldn't find anything more detailed than the introduction to user groups and permissions).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!