In the process of converting my existing very large SMF forum (80 million+ posts) I've had to write some new plugins in addition to a bunch of conversion scripts and an extended version of the SMF importer for Burning Board (some search terms in there to help others find help for their related problems. )
My question here relates specifically to the plugins I created. What kind of requirements are placed on how a package should be created? Ex) Does it need to conform to a coding style, be a specific functionality type, pass a certain performance benchmark, pass a security check, or does it just need to follow the object oriented nature of WBB (I.E. classes are open to extension but closed to modification)?
The first plugin I'd be submitting is a "Fancypost" BBCode:
- It adds a BBCode class file
- The BBCode allows users to send in any number of css attributes to apply to the content inside the BBCode tag
- Only specific css attributes are allowed
- The values of those attributes are sanitized and escaped before use
- It adds a bbcode and bbcode attribute to the appropriate tables using an xml file
Any guidance or links to a related threads that didn't turn up in my searches would be much appreciated!