How to edit post date and time?

• Is there a way to edit a post's date and time? Does a plugin exist for this?

I created a new thread and the first post in the thread explained what the thread was about. After creating the new thread I moved some older posts to it and the original post explaining what the thread was about has been pushed down after all of the posts that I had moved. I need the original post to be the first one that a viewer sees when clicking on the thread, how can I do this?

• If the post is the first or last post in the thread, I also recommend you edit wbb1_thread. time is the time of the first post and lastPostTime the time of the last post.

• I made a plugin for this, but trashed it, because i didnt like it :P

I think many people would find it to be very useful. A plugin that could edit user join dates would also be welcomed by many.

• but why fake that info?

aus angst vor Capslock nutze ich selten shift.

in fear of capslock I rarely use shift.

• but why fake that info?

It was explained in the first post of this thread. If you create a new thread and then move older post to it, you may need to explain things in the first post of that new thread. As for changing user join dates, I just don't like accounts used for testing and etc. showing up as the newest member.

• okay this descripton is a bit easier to read. I probably scanned a bit too much on the start post, but from that perspective it does sound intresting albeit that it might be intresting from a legal point in case some posts are evidence or whatever (which miught be rare but should still be accounted for)

aus angst vor Capslock nutze ich selten shift.

in fear of capslock I rarely use shift.

• In my opinion I wouldn't worry about explaining anything to anyone, staff have their reasons for doing things. Regarding user join dates, it technically doesn't matter about those either. For myself, I just make the test accounts first after admin account is created while first building forum itself, then don't need to worry about test accounts later down road, just change the test account names at whim through out the future. I guess I'm just one that doesn't like changing things much after their created. :P "If it isn't "broke", don't "fix" it." But to each their own. :)

Edited 3 times, last by Smooey ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!