Auto merge post

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Since this has recently come up here on Woltlab.com, I think it would make for a cool feature. Although I do think it maybe the minority in terms of need since I know very few places that need this, yet it's still something I see that could be useful (even on Woltlab.com).

Random Thoughts & chat

Proposal: An option that would automatically merge post made by the same individual right after each other

• Since this has recently come up here on Woltlab.com, I think it would make for a cool feature. Although I do think it maybe the minority in terms of need since I know very few places that need this, yet it's still something I see that could be useful (even on Woltlab.com).

Random Thoughts & chat

Proposal: An option that would automatically merge post made by the same individual right after each other

IPS just released this with 4.0.9.1, they sort of did it "half-assed" according to the comments on their forums.

• Agree.

Well then... Feel free to like post #1 in support of it ;)

Amazing they (IPS) add something like auto-post merging, but they lack a basic feature like selective quoting...smh.

I think every development could use some improvement. I am impressed overall with IP.Board 4 (although the $80 every 6 month, coming out to $160 yearly renewal is bit much)

• I know that you want it within the core I'm just saying that someone started working on it already :)
    I doubt WL will do it :d

They really should if they're going to impose rules that are against human nature for the majority of folks online. They also should to remain competitive.

You seem to often doubt anything will be added... What do you think they're actually capable of?

$25 every 6 months for just core/forums.

Most people I know don't just get the forums alone.

edit:

Here is a perfect example...

I replied to @Throwholics at the same time @tjk replied. Editing my reply would not have informed @tjk that I had responded to him. He'd be clueless... And most folks don't go back to check... They depend on a notice to inform them that someone quoted them.

Assuming he did go back and check... He could do so before I edited my reply and still would be clueless (unaware) of my reply... Having checked before I edited my post and completely missing my edit (response to him)

• You’re quoting other people nearly every time, even if it is just useless. So even if you edit a post with a new quotation this quoted user gets notified.

So no, there is definitely no reason to post double posts! It worked for years now but you seem to be the only person who cannot figure out how it works. That is no problem with software nor with post time, it is just a problem with you.

• You’re quoting other people nearly every time, even if it is just useless. So even if you edit a post with a new quotation this quoted user gets notified.

So no, there is definitely no reason to post double posts! It worked for years now but you seem to be the only person who cannot figure out how it works. That is no problem with software nor with post time, it is just a problem with you.

I've had some really bad experiences with not quoting people, so I make it a rule to quote everyone I'm addressing. Your personal opinion about that is your opinion, but that is all it is... Your opinion and I disagree.

I also take your comment a bit offense and it unbecoming of a staff member who represents Woltlab. My "problem" as you wish to call it... Is not a problem at all. How I post is exactly how other people post when using forum software.

But again, your opinion is your opinion.

• You’re right with the first one, it is my opinion if I find it good or not to generally quote people.

But you’re completely wrong with the last one. The prohibition of double or multiple posts when no other user has written a post is not my opinion, it is a rule of WoltLab and everyone has to pay attention to this rule, even you.
    It has nothing to do with thinking about what is common or not, it is just prohibited here.

• But you’re completely wrong with the last one. The prohibition of double or multiple posts when no other user has written a post is not my opinion, it is a rule of WoltLab and everyone has to pay attention to this rule, even you.
    It has nothing to do with thinking about what is common or not, it is just prohibited here.

Please direct me and everyone else to where you can find the rules. I have not be able to find any rules here. Where are they located?

This thread is about a feature request, requesting an enhancement for the software. Can you please respect that and not turn this into a personal argument or attack?

• +1 on that feature. On bigger communities, where daily hundreds of new posts are published - users sometimes like to bump their questions to get answers faster. This is at my community not allowed because we believe it is not fair. Everybody do all the best to came with answer as fast as possible. Some users do understand that, some do not and they are trying to gain more attention by bumping their topics.

So we now merging such posts manually (if new post got same author and it is published in less than 24 hours time span).

Auto merging posts by same author based on configurable time span (with option to keep old post time or new post time as somebody maybe would like to allow bumping) would take away from moderators at my community relatively big part of their daily work - it would be very useful ;)

@Chris from cwalz.de looks like did not released his Doppelpostings modification - beside mentioned earlier tests I see no sings of this addon anywhere :(

Dear Woltlab, please consider to add this option in future releases ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von PolUser (5. August 2015 um 02:40)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!