Are table bbcodes still broken in 4.1.4...?

• blah juice soda beer
    blah2 crackers chips pretzels
    blah3 etc etc etc

Hmm, updated localhost test forum to 4.1.4 and it still broke, display the bbcodes as text/content in posts. :/

3 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (20. Mai 2015 um 05:02)

• User Profiles Default Users Premium PremiumPlus
    Can delete wall comments / others comments no yes yes
    Can change username every 182 days no yes yes
    User Blogs
    Can disable comments on own blog articles no yes yes
  • installed 4.1.4 fresh in sub folder on localhost, no plugins, and it's working. i'll try to install each plugin one at a time that's installed on "main" forum on localhost once and see which one is culprit.

• I've reinstalled the plugins I had installed on first "main" localhost forum, into newly created test forum, the culprit plugin is Lexicon as no other plugins mess up table bbcodes. I uninstalled Lexicon plugin, and it was working again. I'll post Lexicon issue thread at viecode site then.

Viecode marketplace plugin doesn't affect table bbcodes, however, installing Marketplace does uncheck all other default bbcodes except marketplace bbcode. I have to keep going through them all, rechecking the boxes for them. X/ Will report that as well at viecode site lol.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (20. Mai 2015 um 09:05)

• Woltlab Burning Board really needs a way to safely disable plugins for diagnostic reasons. I have 70 packages installed and it is unrealistic to be forced to uninstall each one, then reinstall them.

• Woltlab Burning Board really needs a way to safely disable plugins for diagnostic reasons. I have 70 packages installed and it is unrealistic to be forced to uninstall each one, then reinstall them.

I agree, I was going to reply about that myself earlier today, but got busy with other things. I'm just lucky I didn't have that many plugins installed on localhost, so it didn't take too long to figure out which one was culprit. I really hope they put something in to be able to disable plugins one by one or something. Please add the ability to disable plugins I can't afford to lose data on live site, to test which plugins are causing issues.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (21. Mai 2015 um 05:00)

• That's the thing though, not all of them implement it. Lexicon doesn't have module switch lol. Out of the small handful of plugins I have installed, the only ones with modules are:

Stripe Checkout (Mine, cause I'm awesome like that)
    Partner System
    Gallery Extension
    Personal Notes
    Viecode Shop ones: Products, Customer Reviews, Produkt-Addons, Memberships, Shipping

Brought this up the other week to Alexander Ebert in private about this issue, just assumed it was WBB 4.1 issue. So didn't bother checking plugins before, till after doing 4.1.4 update. After applying update to 4.1.4, it was still happening, so figured then to try plugins out to see which is causing it. So installed new copy of 4.1.4 and then one at a time installed the same plugins from the "main" localhost site.

Since not all applications / plugins have modules, it's not right to just say; "well, as I mentioned in another thread about it, tough shit, the plugin author didn't include it, deal with it!"

There needs to be core feature for this, so users can quickly disable any of them at their desire to make sure the 3rd party plugins are fucking up their shit. So they don't have to uninstall all these THIRD PARTY plugins, to figure out which culprit plugin is breaking their site, then lose data from each of those plugins (after uninstalling them all) etc etc. I'm just glad I didn't have that many to reinstall again to figure out the culprit. I could have been waiting and suffering for months with the issue (believing it was woltlab's fault) and all for nothing.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (21. Mai 2015 um 08:01)

• As I already said in another topic: This possibility already is available as long as the developer implement it (except for applications).

That's irrlevent. A system needs to be put in place that overrides 3rd party modifications. For starters if X modification is not functioning the disable function may also fail for that modification. However a core system would still properly force deactivation.

Such a system should not depend on the addon, but have absolute power from the core.

• Reporting back on this, viecode don't believe his plugins are causing issues, but I'm positive it's the plugin at fault. Because if I uninstall it, the table bbcodes work. Once I install it again, it doesn't work. So once again, smug developers don't think their code ever stinks and isn't bad, but the customers are idiots, and have to spend more time defending themselves, making videos for proof and fighting tooth and nail to get points across it's plugins at fault, not the customers. Don't know why customers are the ones to suffer, especially after spending hundreds of dollars on this stuff in first place. They want us to give feedback, report bugs, but then why anyway, when we have to "fight" to prove there's issues. It's bad enough the English folk have to translate all their info and etc from German to Google Translators, cause they can't include English language for their customers, the ones giving them money. I know if I were selling internationally, I'd try my best to please ALL nationalities, and language speakers if possible. I don't think it's too much to ask though, considering most Germans learn English in school as second language.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Smooey (31. Mai 2015 um 00:46)

• I can understand your frustration, believe me.

For instance, I recently found myself facing a rather odd problem with my adopted style, (the search button disappeared), which I know it was caused by a plugin. Having dozens of plugins, it was simply impractical for me to uninstall all of them to rule out the rotten apple for obvious reasons. I tried various CSS tricks in order to force the seach button back, but to no avail. I guess I struck luck when, after uninstalling five plugins, I found out the one that caused the problem. Clearly, this is not the way to go. We need a way to force-disable all addons in the ACP.

I think it's a slap in the face that customers are allured with the notion that they can "complete" WBB with a lot of 3rd party applications and plugins, but if one addon among many starts causing problems, there is no way to easily troubleshoot, aside from uninstalling all plugins one by one.

Please, include this feature in the ACP. It will make troubleshooting easier, and I am sure, it will greatly reduce the amount of help posts and support tickets, making everyone's life a bit better.

• I want to like this post a couple dozen more times. Then I want to sticky it somewhere and perhaps frame it and ship it out to people. :P

Reporting back on this, viecode don't believe his plugins are causing issues, but I'm positive it's the plugin at fault. Because if I uninstall it, the table bbcodes work. Once I install it again, it doesn't work. So once again, smug developers don't think their code ever stinks and isn't bad, but the customers are idiots, and have to spend more time defending themselves, making videos for proof and fighting tooth and nail to get points across it's plugins at fault, not the customers. Don't know why customers are the ones to suffer, especially after spending hundreds of dollars on this stuff in first place. They want us to give feedback, report bugs, but then why anyway, when we have to "fight" to prove there's issues. It's bad enough the English folk have to translate all their info and etc from German to Google Translators, cause they can't include English language for their customers, the ones giving them money. I know if I were selling internationally, I'd try my best to please ALL nationalities, and language speakers if possible. I don't think it's too much to ask though, considering most Germans learn English in school as second language.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (31. Mai 2015 um 01:43)

• I want to like this post a couple dozen more times. Then I want to sticky it somewhere and perhaps frame it and ship it out to people.

lmao. Maybe I could make plugin for that, and release it freely. At least then, it will be available in all languages, and work, and I'm not even coder. (If it affects anything, I'll take responsibility, and fix it, no shame.) lmao.

• What I really liked and really agreed with your post was the feeling of having to "fight" to get someone to fix something. Even when I can recreate something on a fresh install and have someone else recreate it besides myself... I feel like it's pulling teeth to get someone to actually do anything about it.

This seems to be a growing truth on ALL developments. It wasn't always liked that. I recall long ago, you reported a bug and developers everywhere would say, thank you, and promptly take pleasure in their work by resolving issues. These days however they "look at you" (metaphorically speaking); as to suggest... "Why did you have to find that bug?!?!" OR sometimes to suggest a bug as a feature OR by design excuse.

lmao. Maybe I could make plugin for that, and release it freely. At least then, it will be available in all languages, and work, and I'm not even coder. (If it affects anything, I'll take responsibility, and fix it, no shame.) lmao.

• Remember though @rafix73, it's either host's fault or our fault (our fault of course, cause we spent money in first place), the code is flawless lol. :P

@Aslan yeah I agree.

Let's not forget the label "Cannot Reproduce", which is another way of saying, "let's sweep it under the rug now, cause *I* (the developer) can't reproduce it", even though obviously the bug is still there yet, it's affecting people. I really don't think those labeled "Cannot Reproduce" should be put under "Closed" section, cause it's obviously not fixed. The bug obviously exists, because someone found it and it's messing up their site. Users don't generally just report bugs that aren't there or don't exist, they report ones that affect them some how or annoys them. Just because developer A or B can't reproduce it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

• Remember though @rafix73, it's either host's fault or our fault (our fault of course, cause we spent money in first place), the code is flawless lol. :P

@Aslan yeah I agree.

Let's not forget the label "Cannot Reproduce", which is another way of saying, "let's sweep it under the rug now, cause *I* (the developer) can't reproduce it", even though obviously the bug is still there yet, it's affecting people. I really don't think those labeled "Cannot Reproduce" should be put under "Closed" section, cause it's obviously not fixed. The bug obviously exists, because someone found it and it's messing up their site. Users don't generally just report bugs that aren't there or don't exist, they report ones that affect them some how or annoys them. Just because developer A or B can't reproduce it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

I think sometimes the "cannot reproduce" label is valid (not always). People could possibly have issues with their host or web browser.

But when it keeps reoccuring on different sites, different host, different browsers, different computers, by different people... Then I suspect that sometimes it is used to dismiss things.

• For that reason I use the videos a lot. The videos don't lie and you can see the all process to reproduce the bug. I know what is the feeling of frustration and I see how some active members of this community are frustrated (They receive negatives, bad answers, are ignored...) for some time now. Personally, sometimes I feel like a beta tester but paying.

Edit. After set a label for one thread, please comment this thread to alert to the author. I have to check everyday my reports to know their status.

• I think I'm going to lead by your example and make more videos in the future. Or at the very least, document more of what is fixed and then later is broke, then later denied of its existence .

It shouldn't be this hard... I really shouldn't. A little common sense goes a long way....

For that reason I use the videos a lot. The videos don't lie and you can see the all process to reproduce the bug. I know what is the feeling of frustration and I see how some active members of this community are frustrated (They receive negatives, bad answers, are ignored...) for some time now. Personally, sometimes I feel like a beta tester but paying.

Edit. After set a label for one thread, please comment this thread to alert to the author. I have to check everyday my reports to know their status.

• I haven't had time to make video regarding Lexicon and Marketplace bbcode issues, but I guess today sometime I'll have too. I posted the bugs at his site, where most users would obviously have purchased those two plugins and have the plugins installed so they can test it as well. No one replied to confirm either way, to prove me right or wrong. Which is weird, and they all might be using the plugins with "bugs" affecting them. Either they just don't care, or do care, but decided to live with the issues. ?( :S :/ If I could or was allowed, I'd let couple people from here have plugin to test it, but I believe it's against the Terms of Use, License, or whatever. X/ I really don't know what else to do, because I paid for Lexicon and it's Brand-free, and it's affecting the entire site with table bbcodes. I'd hate to fight to get money back for it with doing credit card charge back (if that's even possible). I like the plugin, and want to use it.

• Have you reported about it here?

woltlab.com/pluginstore/file/1468/

You may also want to post a link to your report and noting that no one has followed up with it.

I haven't had time to make video regarding Lexicon and Marketplace bbcode issues, but I guess today sometime I'll have too. I posted the bugs at his site, where most users would obviously have purchased those two plugins and have the plugins installed so they can test it as well. No one replied to confirm either way, to prove me right or wrong. Which is weird, and they all might be using the plugins with "bugs" affecting them. Either they just don't care, or do care, but decided to live with the issues. ?( :S :/ If I could or was allowed, I'd let couple people from here have plugin to test it, but I believe it's against the Terms of Use, License, or whatever. X/ I really don't know what else to do, because I paid for Lexicon and it's Brand-free, and it's affecting the entire site with table bbcodes. I'd hate to fight to get money back for it with doing credit card charge back (if that's even possible). I like the plugin, and want to use it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!