Why isnt my adsense ads showing ??

• I cant seem to get my adverts to show. Are there any known bugs or things I might have done wrong please ??

Code
    <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <!-- Real Whitby Responsive Top Post -->
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
    style="display:block"
    data-ad-client="ca-pub-4625040583893690"
    data-ad-slot="1182106550"
    data-ad-format="auto"></ins>
    <script>
    (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});
    </script>

I have set an add to display in first post and after 1st post. Neither are currently showing.

http://www.real-whitby.co.uk/real-forum/ind…to-Real-Whitby/

• No, but there's something wrong at your end:

1. Uncaught Error: Cannot find a responsive size for a container of width=0px and data-ad-format=auto
    2. Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,

• You have to specify the size of the banner. I have added the appropriate code (width:320px;height:100px)

Code
    <script async src="//pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
    style="display:block;width:320px;height:100px"
    <script>
    </script>
  • Hi Guys, I still havent managed to get my adverts to show. Could someone offer advice please ?? I dont understand the idea of adding a size to the code, because its against Google tos to alter their code, and also the code is responsive so the adverts fit the available space,

• Why wont Googles Responsive code work ?? isnt the whole idea of having a responsive theme meant you can resize everything to the size of the viewers screen ?? This is the reason I paid for Burning Board. if I had know how buggy BB is Id have gone elsewhere, since buying it there has been nothing but issues and support has been poor. Is it possible I could have a refund please so i can switch to another software ??

• Why wont Googles Responsive code work ?? isnt the whole idea of having a responsive theme meant you can resize everything to the size of the viewers screen ??

Agree, WBB uses a responsive theme for mobile viewing. What use is ads in it then, if you have to set size of ads and are unable to use responsive ads. This will turn a lot of people away from using WBB unless fixed, not that I use ads... but do know the importance of being able to use responsive ads with a responsive theme - otherwise setting height and width of ads in mobile viewing is going to ruin viewing the site in mobiles because ads are fixed width

Edited once, last by Macondiana (November 24, 2015 at 12:05 AM).

• According to Google, i would not say that ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Canno…d-format%3Dauto

According to what I read in the search results that you linked to, the problem lies in the container(s) not being responsive. How can we make our advertising containers responsive?

It would be better for everyone if a solution was sought by WoltLab for issues like this instead saying "it's not our problem", your customers are just trying to keep up with the latest Web technologies.

Edited once, last by LogixX (November 24, 2015 at 7:18 PM).

• You have to specify the size of the banner. I have added the appropriate code (width:320px;height:100px)

Code
    <ins class="adsbygoogle"
    <script>
    </script>

I tested that this morning out. Added a responsive banner Inside First Post and set width and height like your code shows, no ads gets displayed. I also instead of using responsive ads - tested one of the Mobile Ads (320 x50) and which already comes with height and width included and uses inline-block and not block like responsive ads. Same thing though, they don't show up.

Did you actually test that code you posted, because I can't get ads showing up.

Edited once, last by Macondiana (December 25, 2015 at 5:28 PM).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!