List of reliable and supported hosts compatible with Burning Board

• whatever you do avoid IceBlueBallsHost at all costs, he's going under bankrupt, scamming people out of money! I just lost my money, was paid up lately to hold me out till November 2016.. and it's nothing but down. No replies to tickets, no refunds, no support, nothing! Basically lost all I had done in sub domain and no way to back it up quick, cause cpanel down along with domain. So whatever I had got accomplished is down toilet!

Edited once, last by Smooey ().

• Nah, I won't get data back at all. There's been many others bitching about it too, same server, and doesn't appear it will come back online again. It doesn't matter, I needed to move hosts anyway, just got too far out of hand with him and no looking back now. I'll just have to start over.

• Yeah probably the best to do...
    Glad your site was not up and running already... So no one got to see the downtime.
    Choose your next host wisely andthen you should be fine

Yeah, my thoughts exactly! And thanks for that host suggestion.. ;) lol.

• I have a managed VPS account with WiredTree and I'm very happy with them, they have outstanding support.

• And I have barely 3 dollars to my name, because the last host has it all and won't refund me any so I can get another host lol. So unless there's a good premium shared host offering year hosting free, or super low cost monthly host options with % off recurring, or first 3 months free, nothing helps.

• And I have barely 3 dollars to my name, because the last host has it all and won't refund me any so I can get another host lol. So unless there's a good premium shared host offering year hosting free, or super low cost monthly host options with % off recurring, or first 3 months free, nothing helps.

Have you looked at shared hosting with NameCheap? I think they have a plan that is less than $30 a year.

• Have you looked at shared hosting with NameCheap? I think they have a plan that is less than $30 a year.

Yeah I did, think there's one for 9.88 first year and then renewal for it after is 30 something. But I have 1.84 at moment, so that can't cover that of course lol. I wish I had more funds, but I don't atm. The 27.49 usd I did have went to gallery 2.1 update and of course that was waste of money, and they don't do refunds so...

• I wonder if uberspace.de is still the only shared hosting company that offers their services for the amount of money you are willing or able to pay? Downside of uberspace.de: everything (website, wiki, support) is in German and the servers are located in Germany, because they currently don't have the resources to support their services in multiple languages to a degree they feel comfortable with. :/

» Hat zu tief ins Glas geschaut: Hellseher verletzt sich an Wahrheitskugel «

GitHub

• I wonder if uberspace.de is still the only shared hosting company that offers their services for the amount of money you are willing or able to pay? Downside of uberspace.de: everything (website, wiki, support) is in German and the servers are located in Germany, because they currently don't have the resources to support their services in multiple languages to a degree they feel comfortable with.

Yeah probably won't help me much though according to what others are saying about it lol. And can't really use google translate to navigate every where, cpanel, etc. The one Throwaholics suggested might be better for me even though their main (outside) site is all in German and need google translate to navigate it, at least back end things are in English. :)

http://all-inkl.com/webhosting/privat/ Guess first three months free, and transfer domains free too? Which will help, because I have three domains at namecheap and all due to renew April 2016.

.com = 10.87
    .org = 12.48
    and
    .net = 13.06

and I don't have the funds for those either atm. If all-inkl.com does transfers free and renews them after transfer it will help. Although like other hosts will have to keep them renewed through them / the host, and if I ever move from all-inkl.com to another host later, I'd have to transfer them back again to namecheap.com costing me again later. Currently I just don't have the 41.xx to renew all three domains in April lol.

SSL/HTTPS with all-inkl.com is super expensive from what I read, but apparently allowed to use other SSL providers. But again, don't have the 14,95 euro to cover another year with AlphaSSL, because the last host had it covered, and I can't access nothing. The AlphaSSL was actually due to expire in April or so too unless I renewed it. I'm not sure if Stripe will allow me to use Cloudflare SSL or not, I'd just use that for free SSL provider...

I also found HostMantis and lifetime recurring % off coupon on the Starter Plan, giving me a little more disk space than last host gave me, and after coupon got the total monthly to 1.00 lol. But their transfer fees aren't free, I'd still have to come up funds to renew the domains in April and I'm not sure I'll have the funds. At this point I'm still debating which host and route to take.

• SSL/HTTPS with all-inkl.com is super expensive from what I read, but apparently allowed to use other SSL providers

Oh wait, I must been mistaken about SSL fees there..

If you want to use SSL what you described in the thread, you need to purchase
    the SSL add-on for 0,99€/month.

I assumed lowest was 99,00 euro month Lol. http://all-inkl.com/webhosting/zusatzdienste/ Just to put SSL/HTTPS on domains. But about 1.00 month fee just to use SSL? Then of course additional fee for the SSL itself unless using free SSL.

I'm leaning more towards all-inkl.com currently, can probably add them in Stripe account for their Iban number and do transfers to them from Stripe which is big help. Transfers of domains free, will help. First three months free, will definitely help lol.

Downside, they don't do Paypal, Skrill/Moneybookers, Credit Card payments. I can live without I guess, since I can probably just transfer direct from Stripe account though.

Edited once, last by Smooey ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!