- WoltLab Suite Core
Multilingualism feature is really an advanced feature for WCF, but (in my opinion) lacks on flexibility. Posting the same content twice (or more) has some disadvantages:
- Douple posting attachments will needs more web space unless if the system saves only the attachment id and not really uploads the files again. But there is always a chance (especially for novice users), to upload again the files and not use the selection from gallery.
- Reposting the same text (even in different language) is a bit difficult. Who can remember exactly what he/she wrotes in the original post? Most probably parts of the post will remain out.
- There are some parts of the post that are the same in all languages: eg When using the code bbcode.
I believe that a user who wants to post in multiple language must have the ability to copy (and then edit) the post instead to add new post. This way:
- Attachments will not get extra web space
- Parts that don't need translation will save time.
- User will be sure that he hasn't forgot any paragraph from the original post, as he/she will has the original post there and will be able in an easy way to translate paragraph by paragraph.
This is just a suggestion to extend the user's experiance.