Add-On Pricing - Upgrades

• Hi,

Is there supposed to be a discounted rate for upgrading a particular add-on? I own two older add-ons (Blog and Calendar) and was thinking of purchasing upgrades for them, but the cost seems to be the same as if I was buying it for the first time.

I admit, I've lost track of all the rules and how things are working with Woltlab - I'm still grandfathered on my old Platinum license for Burning Board from many moons ago with lifetime access - and I haven't done much with the software in recent times. So, I'm considering updating my add-ons and was just wondering if upgrade pricing is supposed to be provided or not.

Thanks,

William

You cannot fail when you only strive to succeed.

• New
    • Official Post

Hello Wiliam,

Discounts for upgrading older licenses are granted for licenses for WoltLab Suite 3.0 and newer only (license was purchased or upgraded at least in 2017, 5 years ago)

• Hello Wiliam,

Discounts for upgrading older licenses are granted for licenses for WoltLab Suite 3.0 and newer only (license was purchased or upgraded at least in 2017, 5 years ago)

Thanks for the information ... kind of frustrating since it says "upgrade available" but it's not really an upgrade - you are paying full price for the new newer version.

Both add-ons were originally given to me via vouchers (one or being a Plantinum license holder when the new licensing rolled out and another for helping develop the COPPA functionality of the application in an older version) - since I just updated my install to be the latest version, I figured I'd pay to upgrade the add-ons, too ... but not at full price.

Anyway, thanks for clarification. At least I know I wasn't doing anything wrong on my end that prevented the discounted pricing to apply.

• New
    • Official Post

Thank you for your input, we'll have to look into this to make the process clearer. Starting with the new license system introduced with WoltLab Suite 5.2 customers will be notified by email once before their license expires. This should make it overall easier to keep track of these things.

• Thank you for your input, we'll have to look into this to make the process clearer. Starting with the new license system introduced with WoltLab Suite 5.2 customers will be notified by email once before their license expires. This should make it overall easier to keep track of these things.

Alexander Ebert Thanks. Could you please give me a link to the policy about upgrade discounts not applying?

The only article I could find was when the new license system was put into place for 5.2 and it says you can upgrade 2.x and 3.x plugins for a discounted price. But you mentioned above you can't upgrade 2.x at a discount.

I've not been able to find anything similar for 5.3 or 5.4. Just would like to see where, as a customer, I could have known I needed to buy an upgrade sooner to get a discount.

Appreciate the dialogue and help.

Thanks.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!