Has anything changed with showing AdSense ads with latest version

• Betroffene Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.1

Using the latest WBB version. Has anything changed when using AdSense ads?

I know before in previous versions that responsive ads didn't show up unless you wrapped the ads code in some DIV's. Can you now just paste the AdSense Code and them work showing up displayed without messing around adding style DIV's and whatnot

• Doesn't matter, ads are showing by just adding the code and using no DIV's like Paul had to do before with the previous version

I don't see them on your site. Adsense ads are pointless if you don't have some kind of ad-block detector that keeps people from seeing content.

• It worked but I removed the ads now since. Too many was being displayed for just the botton area on sidebar. Seems it shows more than one ad if you have a few different sidebar blocks used and added. It maxed out at 3 adsense ads shown (as they will only show 3 ads on the same page) - but I was only using sidebar bottom placement - I only wanted 1 ad displayed not 3.

there wasn't any need to add the DIV's and styling like you had to do before to get the responsive ads to show up. Now you can just paste the adsense code and they show up.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von NicoleSophie (23. April 2018 um 14:59)

• Something definitely changed as I had the auto ad code in my header which caused ads to start randomly display over content like the picture below. I ended up taking that code out and just putting in a few themselves using the regular ad sense code and they're now showing where they didn't before unless you used the DIV's as you said or the auto code.

• That is what I found using that AUTO ads. I was getting a banner in the header even though I had it deleted for header area and had AUTO ads setup to use one type only, and using the option to show FEW ads. But they are still popping up all over the site. Ridiculous really.

• That is what I found using that AUTO ads. I was getting a banner in the header even though I had it deleted for header area and had AUTO ads setup to use one type only, and using the option to show FEW ads. But they are still popping up all over the site. Ridiculous really.

Agreed. My auto ads were actually ok before the update, but something definitely changed.

• How did you use regular responsive adsense code. When I disabled all the AUTO ads one by one, it said I had to enable one to use ads.

As though you have no option but to use AUTO ads

• How did you use regular responsive adsense code. When I disabled all the AUTO ads one by one, it said I had to enable one to use ads.

As though you have no option but to use AUTO ads

I still have the auto ads on for the CMS portion of my site (Wordpress) and a few others, I just took the auto code out of my header file for Woltlab. Alternatively you could just leave the auto ads on on the google side, delete the auto ad code on your side and just create regular responsive ads to sort of "cheat" that.

• I was just testing it out really, not liking what I'm seeing with Google AdSense now after last using it many years ago. You don't seem to have that much control like you once did with this new AUTO ads. It's just spamming ads all over the place, and in areas you never picked as wanting them displayed in.

I'll look at other alternatives later instead

• Found out you can disable the AUTO ads testing by going into the setting for the AUTO ads and just disable every single one and don't add the code for adsense in the header box, then use normal ad channels instead added to placement in WBB core. The AUTO ads won't insert random ads then so long as you disable them all for using, and you don't need the code in the header box if using channels with ads placements.

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von NicoleSophie (27. April 2018 um 13:50)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!