A few glitches since upgrading to RC3

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Updated my site to RC3 last night and noticed a few issues. I don't know whether they are specific to RC3, or whether its just a case of I was carefully looking out for problems at that specific moment:

1. Embedded images in forum posts have all been made thumbnails.

2 Before logging on, members who uploaded their own avatars are seeing the initialled avatars by default not their own avatars.

3. Oddities when inserting a table into a post. If you type text, then select a table and multiple rows, say 20, to go into the table, the text is either moved below the table or deleted.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Updated my site to RC3 last night and noticed a few issues. I don't know whether they are specific to RC3, or whether its just a case of I was carefully looking out for problems at that specific moment:

2 Before logging on, members who uploaded their own avatars are seeing the initialled avatars by default not their own avatars.

3. Oddities when inserting a table into a post. If you type text, then select a table and multiple rows, say 20, to go into the table, the text is either moved below the table or deleted.

Oh that is just great ..... especially your number 3.

I sure hope that your experience with Updating to RC3 is not an omen of worse things looming in the background - for those of us who have made extensive changes and modifications to our forums while using WSC 3.0.x

I'm curious: Did YOU UPDATE your site to RC3 by using Alexander Ebert's (Woltlab's) instructions on how to Install version 3 - which was once again

published here on the Woltlab Forums (for the third time); AND did you do a back-up - and everything else that was mentioned in those instructions -

OR did you "update" by way of some other variation of those instructions?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Which version were you using previously? Were these images inserted using the "original" size before?

This sounds like you're disallowing guests from viewing avatars, in which case it will fall-back to the default avatar. Since 3.1 this is no longer just a silhouette, but generated avatars based on the username.

I'm sorry, but can you rephrase the part about the selected table with the rows please? Did you mean that you want to insert a table, or insert a table into a table? Or did you mean "a table which contains 20 rows"?

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Which version were you using previously? Were these images inserted using the "original" size before?

Using RC1 previously and the images were inserted full size.

This sounds like you're disallowing guests from viewing avatars, in which case it will fall-back to the default avatar. Since 3.1 this is no longer just a silhouette, but generated avatars based on the username.

No, I've not done that or changed any setting. The guest usergroup can view member's avatars, see here:

One of my mods has informed me that the email notifications he received is showing the avatars as initials as well.

I'm sorry, but can you rephrase the part about the selected table with the rows please? Did you mean that you want to insert a table, or insert a table into a table? Or did you mean "a table which contains 20 rows"?

I inserted a table with 2-3 rows into a forum post and did not see any problem. I then created a new post and inserted a much larger table with 20+ rows and that is when the problem occurred.

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!