CSS editing .box

• I was doing modifications to the theme, adding borders for the sidebar boxes.

but when I used

.box {

border: 2px solid #000;

}

It not only affected the header menu, but also the footer box links. I was curious if there was a way to affect only the .box's that are in the sidebar and not the rest of the theme?

• Hello,

You can try this code and see if it works.

Code
    .boxesSidebarLeft .box:not(.boxBorderless), .boxesSidebarRight .box:not(.boxBorderless) {
    }
  • kbarg,

I forgot to mention this. You might want to add a name to your codes so you will remember what coding does what. Over time when you have a lot of coding, you might forget what does what like I have done countless times lol

Just add this as a title above your coding---->

Code
    /*====================any name goes here============*/

• Hello,

You can try this code and see if it works.

Code
    .boxesSidebarLeft .box:not(.boxBorderless), .boxesSidebarRight .box:not(.boxBorderless) {
    }

Rich: I tried this on my Forum too - sure looks nice!

kbarg: Glad you brought this up here on the Woltlab Forum. Nice added look to the Side Bar!

• Rich: I tried this on my Forum too - sure looks nice!

That is good, I have my sidebar blocks with a border as well. You can also add dotted, dashed, solid, double, groove, ridge, inset and outset borders.

• I have a forum of mine on Xenforo and I am rebulding the theme on WBB so i can get a third license. I love 2px borders.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!