Hide Moderator's name for warnings

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Utilizingour versatile notification system, users may opt-in to receive notifications for moderator actions on both their posts and threads, effectively keeping them in the loop when something happens that might need their attention or is otherwise of interest to them.

This is an optional feature that can be turned off at any time. Additionally, a less verbose mode is available that will hide the moderator’s name, displaying only what was changed. The full list of moderator actions in the thread log is unaffected bythese settings, they only control how much is visible to regular users.

Taken from the 3.1 features thread, can there be a "less verbose mode is available that will hide the moderator's name" when the moderator clicks on the hammer icon and warns a member?

Many thanks

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• An additional request to this, can this "less verbose mode" also be applied to the moderator messages/notifications that appear within threads.

thanks.

• Alexander Ebert

I have that option selected already, but it still shows the moderator's name for notifications within threads. Is there an additional ACP option I need to select?

This is what I've got selected:

I'm using RC1.

• I've just been doing a few more tests on this feature and a couple more issues:

1. No mod notification is sent when a member's thread title is changed, or when text of their thread is edited.

2. By clicking on "This post has previous versions that are saved." the moderator's name is shown to the member.

If you go to my forum as a guest, you can see that the mod's name is revealed in this thread:

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thread/4…-test-and-more/

• Offizieller Beitrag

1. No mod notification is sent when a member's thread title is changed, or when text of their thread is edited.

There are only mod notifications for the following actions: close a thread, enable a thread, move a thread, trash a thread, adding/removing/changing a label, as well as closing a post, enable a post, trash a post and move a post. For other actions the author will not be notificated.

By clicking on "This post has previous versions that are saved." the moderator's name is shown to the member.

The privacy option has no effect on the edit history. This works as intended.

If you go to my forum as a guest, you can see that the mod's name is revealed in this thread:

That works not as intended. It will fixed with the next version. Thank you for reporting it!

• There are only mod notifications for the following actions: close a thread, enable a thread, move a thread, trash a thread, adding/removing/changing a label, as well as closing a post, enable a post, trash a post and move a post. For other actions the author will not be notificated.

As part of my original request in my first post, could you consider extending the mod notifications to include: merge thread, pin thread, change title and editing text within a post?

As an example, this would be especially useful if a member's post has been edited to remove racist language by a mod, but the mod decided not to issue a warning as it's a first offence. Thus by receiving a notification, the member would be "gently" informed that their behaviour is unacceptable without actually getting formally warned.

I had a serious incident a few weeks ago, when such a function would've come in very handy and thus would've prevented subsequent problems.

The privacy option has no effect on the edit history. This works as intended.

Could you consider making this private, please? So that mods are not identified in the edit history.

Thank you very much for your reply.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Jupiter (28. Januar 2018 um 18:13)

• Thanks for fixing the bug.

Do I need to repost this thread in the suggestions forum for the items I have suggested, or have these been logged by WoltLab?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!