How to add a sidebar?

• Affected Version
    WoltLab Suite 3.0

How to add a sidebar? I see content - boxes, select right sidebar for users online for example, but it shows up in the footer with the other boxes.

• I downloaded a style from the plugin store. It clearly has a sidebar. I imported it as a package and made it default. Still no sidebar. Can I get help with this please?

• You figured it out in the other thread. I use my monitor at 1024 x 768 resolution. Is there a way to keep the same interface in 1024 x 768 resolution?

• Due to compatibility reasons - mobile devices as smartphones and tablets - the page gots a little bit smaller and the right sidebar is shown below the main content area.

• Is there a way to keep the same interface in 1024 x 768 resolution?

There's be a way, but it's not recommended to change the ACP's style and that's why I'm not telling you where you could change the screen-width. :)

However a screenshot would be good…

• A screenshot of what?

1024 x 768 is still a monitor resolution not necessarily a mobile device, and there are still %5 desktop users using it. I use this resolution because otherwise text is too small for me to see. I will now have to buy another monitor. Unless I can adjust wbb to not consider 1024 x 768 resolution a mobile device. At least I want to try this to see what it looks like.

• Official Post

1024 x 768 is still a monitor resolution not necessarily a mobile device

A display width or less than or equal to 1024 is pretty much always a tablet, and the screen resolution is the only reliable metric to detect mobile devices and to adapt to them. Long story short: No, you can't change it without breaking pretty much everything. This isn't just a style/CSS thing, there is a whole lot of custom (JavaScript) logic attached to this.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• A display width or less than or equal to 1024 is pretty much always a tablet, and the screen resolution is the only reliable metric to detect mobile devices and to adapt to them. Long story short: No, you can't change it without breaking pretty much everything. This isn't just a style/CSS thing, there is a whole lot of custom (JavaScript) logic attached to this.

Yes, well, I have a macbook that's two years old (with retina display), and its default display setting places all of the "sidebar" boxes at the bottom. This isn't very helpful to me, since I have advertisers that usually appear in an actual sidebar near the top of the page. I'm really disappointed at WBB. Didn't have this problem with WBB 4.X. You've lost a customer and an endorser.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!