Polls - select more than one option

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Can Woltlab consider allowing users to select multiple options when participating in polls?

Currently the software only allows one option to be selected.

thanks

Jupiter

PS: I love the pop up box that displays when showing who participated in a poll. Gorgeous looking!:)

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Hi. When you are creating the poll you have the option to select the "Maximum Poll Votes". So you can choose more than one option.

If this phrase does not represent the understanding that it describes the amount of options that can be selected for a vote, then you can suggest a new phrase for the WoltLab team.

• Hi. When you are creating the poll you have the option to select the "Maximum Poll Votes". So you can choose more than one option.

If this phrase does not represent the understanding that it describes the amount of options that can be selected for a vote, then you can suggest a new phrase for the WoltLab team.

I didn't realise that was what that function did. Thank you.

You can already set the number of possible answers.

As I just said to Sonnenspeer, I wasn't aware of what that function did, but it still isn't quite correct. It's a over-complication, in my opinion

How polls have worked on other forums that I have been to, is, you can either select one reply to a poll or select however many replies you want. This option allows a user to set the maximum amount of answers, but a simple tick of a box to select "multiple votes/answers" would be better.

Would do others think? Should Woltlab consider tweaking this option called "Maximum Poll Votes" and change it to a single clickable option called "Allow multiple votes?"

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Err, does that mean it was implemented in the previous, previous version of the current release? So even the oldoldstable version got that patched?

It felt wrong to mark it as not implemented, because that exact feature has been around for many, many years (at least since Burning Board 3.0, possibly even earlier), but since 4.0 it uses the same UI as today. So yeah, I simply picked what was somewhat closest.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!