Can the display of polls be reconsidered?

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

The poll is squeezed onto the left hand side of the post and then the text for the post is to the right of it and under. Looks awful. Perhaps the poll could be at the top of the page and fill the entire width and then the main body of text underneath. What do you think??

Look at this, it's a total mess:

Thanks

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• The poll is squeezed onto the left hand side of the post and then the text for the post is to the right of it and under. Looks awful. Perhaps the poll could be at the top of the page and fill the entire width and then the main body of text underneath. What do you think??

I agree with you on this particular comment about POLLS.

When I had Woltlab Forum Software 4.x.x - there was some one, can't remember who it was - who gave me CSS Code to upload which placed

the TEXT CONTENT FOR THE POLL (of which you show in your attachment above) BELOW the POLL QUESTION.

Also, he gave me CSS Code (at the same time) to have the POLL fill the screen.

Unfortunately, the ability to implement simple CSS Code (and upload it in an easy fashion that even I knew what the heck to do with the code AND

where to go in the ACP to upload it) no longer exists with WSC 3.x.x - as the CSS Coding system was changed from what used to be in WFS 4.x.x.

I know there are others on this Forum who disagree with me about this "CSS thing"; but I it is one of the worse changes Woltlab Designers

did when they released the new WSC 3.0.1 Software.

DJ

• English tutorial: Copy the code, paste it into your style and adjust the colors or other things you need to.

First image: Original view

Second image: View of the new poll withe filled width.

That's it.

• You should remember that it is possible to have a poll in every post.

I should have rephrased that better and said that the poll should be at the top of the post.

As you have mentioned this though, normally, I am always for more functionality and more options, but this option seems completely unnecessary.

A poll is a headline grabbing feature and should always be at the top of the page, in my opinion. So, I don't know why woltlab allows polls to be put in any post. Does anyone actually use this feature?

• Ruff Seas

Can you like my first post please, as it gives the developers an idea who agrees with this suggestion.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you simply want the poll to take up the entire width of the post, thus pushing the text below it, this is all the CSS you need:

CSS
    @include screen-sm-up {
        .pollContainer {
            float: none;
            margin-right: 0;
            max-width: none;
        }
    }
  • A poll is a headline grabbing feature and should always be at the top of the page, in my opinion. So, I don't know why woltlab allows polls to be put in any post. Does anyone actually use this feature?

Well I guess it is true ... given "enough time" anyone can find reason to "disagree" with someone (that's why it is phrased "opinion" I suppose).

But to answer your comment above: Yes, I use the Poll Feature; and yes, it is (in my opinion) that it is a good thing

Woltlab Designers allow Polls to be placed in any Post!

If someone doesn't want to use the poll feature (choice), they of course can always ignore it.

• If you simply want the poll to take up the entire width of the post, thus pushing the text below it, this is all the CSS you need:

CSS
    @include screen-sm-up {
        .pollContainer {
        }
    }

In answer to Alexander Ebert:

I used (uploaded) the CSS Code Sonnenspeer mentioned in Post # 3. It works fine. See attachment.

However, while I have YOUR attention (and perhaps Sonnenspeer as well) can either of you give me the CSS Code for changing and modifying

Font Color of TEXT for Categories and Forums; particularly I am interested in modifying certain, particular WORDS within the descriptive field

of the Categories and/or Forums which I have on my forum.

You may have also read my other "entry" on this same issue in forum "suggestions" for future forum software changes.

DJ

• Thank you everyone.

If you simply want the poll to take up the entire width of the post, thus pushing the text below it, this is all the CSS you need:

CSS
    @include screen-sm-up {
        .pollContainer {
        }
    }

I have just done my first CSSing!:):)

That's exactly what I wanted and it was easy to do, thank you.

Alexander, could you consider making that the default look for the polls?

thanks

Jupiter

• Offizieller Beitrag

Alexander Ebert could you please provide a screenshot of your implementation?

There's nothing special, it basically expands the poll to span the full width.

If you're curious about the implementation, feel free to check the commit (linked in the issue): https://github.com/WoltLab/WCF/issues/2449

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!