Insert blank line(s) under attachment

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Following on from this thread:

Attachment insert all

One of my members has commented that they do not have room to insert text underneath a picture once a picture is attached/embedded into a post. I have told them to press the space bar to make room for text, but is there a way for the software to insert a blank line or two automatically when attaching, so that members can easily see thee is a area where they can still type under the pictures?

Many thanks!

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• Following on from this thread:

Attachment insert all

One of my members has commented that they do not have room to insert text underneath a picture once a picture is attached/embedded into a post. I have told them to press the space bar to make room for text, but is there a way for the software to insert a blank line or two automatically when attaching, so that members can easily see thee is a area where they can still type under the pictures?

Many thanks!

Jupiter

I too would like this feature incorporated into the software, e.g. " ... software to insert a blank line or two automatically ..." -

when inserting attached photos .

OR perhaps someone can show me how to make this work (function) in the WSC software that is already in use via CSS modification

OR by something else being adjusted or modified?

IF there is someone who knows how to do this, I respectfully ask that whomever does say, 'yes, it can be done' submit a response as to

HOW and WHERE - and the reason I ask for this is because all too often here on Woltlab Forum there are individuals

who answer in a manner that seems to indicate they believe everyone knows exactly what they themselves know.

I for one do not know everything they know: I am NOT a wiz at code - CSS or otherwise - so when I ask for someone to explain to me how and where

a WSC software function can be modified it is necessary that they explain it in a way that does not require that I follow up with another question!

I am not being "mean" or disrespectful to anyone here ... I just think that when someone offers to answer someone's question they need to assume

that the person asking the question is in need of something more than a casual response.

DJ

• i'm not a css expert or php expert and in this case , i think it is Javascript (i don't know) and my english is very bad

Inserting a blank line in redactor edit is not so easy , if you insert a picture in Word , you don't have a blank line inserted .

the problem here in woltlab is that you don't see the cursor after the insert of the attachment.

After insert an attachment i make always an Enter , the pointer is at the good place at the end of the attachment , but we don't see it before the enter.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von marcbelgique (6. Juli 2017 um 13:40)

• Offizieller Beitrag

I've added this for various reasons, but I've decided to go with something in between:

1. If the attachment is added at the very end of a line (whitespaces don't count), then the caret will be moved into the next line.
    2. If there is no next line (at the end of the message), a new line will be created.
    3. Attachments that are inserted in between other content (e. g. inside text) will have the caret set after the image.

That said, a new line will only be added in case (2) and the caret will only go into the next line for case (1).

In my tests this yielded the most useful result, where the actual behavior is context-sensitive and should improve the work-flow for each case. This also solves another issue too, so I'm quite happy with how it turned out ;) I will keep an eye on the overall feedback of this change to see if it can be tweaked.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• Thanks for sorting this out Alexander.

• I've added this for various reasons, but I've decided to go with something in between:
    If the attachment is added at the very end of a line (whitespaces don't count), then the caret will be moved into the next line.
    If there is no next line (at the end of the message), a new line will be created.
    Attachments that are inserted in between other content (e. g. inside text) will have the caret set after the image.

That said, a new line will only be added in case (2) and the caret will only go into the next line for case (1).

In my tests this yielded the most useful result, where the actual behavior is context-sensitive and should improve the work-flow for each case. This also solves another issue too, so I'm quite happy with how it turned out ;) I will keep an eye on the overall feedback of this change to see if it can be tweaked.

Alexander,

Any possibility of a tweak here, please?

When I insert a image into a thread, the caret is placed at the right hand side of the image which is very hard to see, rather than being placed on the next line down. Can this be reconsidered?

thanks

• Alexander Ebert

Just bumping this thread, but as I asked before, can item 3 be tweaked please?

Several of my members have commentated that the caret disappears when inserting a image into a post containing text, not realizing that the caret is immediately to the right of the image which is very hard to see. Can the caret simply be moved below the image onto a new line?

thank you

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!