Editor functions getting stuck. Anyone else getting this?

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

I've had this several times now, but when I want to un-bold text, it does not always work at first, or sometimes even second or thirds times. Same with italics, underline etc. Is anyone else getting this. I have to refresh a page to "unstick" whatever has been stuck, due to the lack of a cancel button.

Many thanks

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• With Firefox 54.0 it works very well. Now I click on bold and the following text appears bold. Now I click on bold again and the following text is not bold. Same works with italics and underline. Marking text and make them bold, italic or underline works also without getting any problems.

If you are able to reproduce it, it would be helpful to state out your used browser and maybe record a video that show the things you're doing.

• On a related issue, if I highlight selected text using the mouse and bold it, I would expect only that text to be bolded and nothing else. But the bold button stays activated until I click it off. Is anyone else getting this?

Is it a bug, or working as designed? It's very annoying.

If you are able to reproduce it, it would be helpful to state out your used browser and maybe record a video that show the things you're doing.

I'm using Chrome Version 58.0.3029.110 (64-bit). How would I record what I'm doing?

• Never heard of Jing. Thanks for that.

Word and everything else works fine. If I highlight text and bold it, only that text gets bolded. Using Woltlab sofware, the bold button stays activated until I turn it off and all subsequent text gets bolded which I do not want.

Is anyone getting this for WSC3?

• Can't reproduce this in Chrome, the button does not remain active when I apply the formatting to the selected text only. The only situation where it stays active is when there was nothing selected before. Feel free to try it on https://imperavi.com/redactor/, that's the unmodified version of the editor.

It works fine on that site and on this site as I am illustrating. but not on mine. I wonder if this is related to my other thread about quotes getting stuck in the software and being quoted multiple times sometimes.

This is not just happening for me, but other members too.

Throwholics, does this happen to you all the time, or is it intermittent? For me, it's the whole time. Well, to be specific, it may start out as intermittent, then it becomes stuck and happens all the time. Whether the bold button is highlighted or not, bold text can occur.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Before you start typing, hit F12 and click on the tab Console. If the button for bold formatting is being stuck again, look at the console to see if there is any error logged. The information printed there might be of less use for you, but tells me a lot about a possible cause. Please also make sure that all warnings are displayed, the [Violation] ones are not related; There's a drop-down next to Filter.

• Before you start typing, hit F12 and click on the tab Console. If the button for bold formatting is being stuck again, look at the console to see if there is any error logged. The information printed there might be of less use for you, but tells me a lot about a possible cause. Please also make sure that all warnings are displayed, the [Violation] ones are not related; There's a drop-down next to Filter.

Just did this and got the problem again, but no errors are showing in the console, there was just a message before I started typing which said this:

2(index):1 Failed to decode downloaded font: https://fonts.gstatic.com/stats/Open+Sans/normal/300

Will keep testing tomorrow and over the next week and will report back.

• This thread is marked as resolved....not for me it's not!X(

It's still happening all the time.

• I've had this several times now, but when I want to un-bold text, it does not always work at first, or sometimes even second or thirds times. Same with italics, underline etc.

Yes, I checked it out and it happens most of the time, if only a single letter is marked. With more than one letter marked it seems to be OK.

But the bold button stays activated

Yes, that happens someteimes, and again only if a single letter is marked.

Firefox 54.0

lg,

Chris

... by the way: The same problem occurs at https://imperavi.com/redactor/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von -chris- (5. Juli 2017 um 03:22)

• Thanks Throwholics, I thought someone had marked it as resolved, which irritated me.

Not really a correct way to setup a help forum, is it..?

• Can't reproduce this in Chrome, the button does not remain active when I apply the formatting to the selected text only. The only situation where it stays active is when there was nothing selected before. Feel free to try it on https://imperavi.com/redactor/, that's the unmodified version of the editor.

Just gave this another try in Firefox and it is happening on that Redactor site too now.

If I select text and highlight it with a mouse pointer and then click bold, it should only bold that text and nothing else. I shouldn't have to click bold again to switch it off.

If all the text is already typed and I then go and format certain parts of the text using bold and underline etc, that works correctly. It's when I am typing a sentence, stop, highlight the word I have just typed and bold it. This is when the bold button (of whatever button I use) gets "stuck" and continues bolding whatever text I type next.

I pressed F12, as per previous instructions and this is what it said on the Redactor site:

Unknown pseudo-class or pseudo-element ‘-webkit-search-decoration’. Ruleset ignored due to bad selector. kube.css:55:22

Expected end of value but found ‘/’. Error in parsing value for ‘margin-left’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:338:19

Error in parsing value for ‘overflow’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:361:12

Expected end of value but found ‘/’. Error in parsing value for ‘top’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:372:12

Unknown property ‘speak’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:1307:7

Unknown property ‘-moz-osx-font-smoothing’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:1315:25

Error in parsing value for ‘max-width’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:1573:15

Unknown property ‘orphans’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:1766:11

Unknown property ‘widows’. Declaration dropped. kube.css:1767:10

Unknown property ‘user-select’. Declaration dropped. kube.legenda.css:122:13

Unknown property ‘appearance’. Declaration dropped. kube.legenda.css:164:14

Error in parsing value for ‘background-image’. Declaration dropped. kube.legenda.css:314:22

Unknown property ‘appearance’. Declaration dropped. kube.legenda.css:346:12

Unknown property ‘speak’. Declaration dropped. redactor.css:18:7

Unknown property ‘-moz-osx-font-smoothing’. Declaration dropped. redactor.css:25:25

Unknown property ‘zoom’. Declaration dropped. redactor.css:349:6

Error in parsing value for ‘background-image’. Declaration dropped. redactor.css:493:20

Expected media feature name but found ‘-webkit-min-device-pixel-ratio’. master.css:98:30

Expected media feature name but found ‘-o-min-device-pixel-ratio’. master.css:98:133

Expected media feature name but found ‘min-device-pixel-ratio’. master.css:98:185

GET

https://imperavi.com/assets/css/master.css [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 0ms]

GET

https://imperavi.com/assets/css/kube.css [HTTP/1.1 200 OK 0ms]

reflow: 0.32ms function get, jquery-2.0.3.min.js line 4

reflow: 0.26ms

reflow: 0.24ms function get, jquery-2.0.3.min.js line 4

reflow: 0.16ms

reflow: 0.68ms

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!