Can there be a Cancel button please?

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

As shown here, can we have a cancel button in the editor box please?

Several of my members have experienced difficulties tying posts since we switched to Woltlab.

Clearly, there is a very helpful feature which remembers what you have posted in the editor box, in case of computer or browser malfunction. But sometimes, the text in this box gets "stuck" and is displayed again to the user, even when the user has completed their their post and submitted it. This also happens, as an example, when a post is edited, or a quote is added to an existing post.

Additionally, I may type a load of text in the editor box which I want to get rid of and the cancel button would be the easiest way to do it. Refreshing the page does not delete the unwanted text.

I am finding a lack of a cancel button very detrimental to forum use.

Many thanks!

Jupiter

I am a Newbie Admin. Please be gentle, I don't understand technical things.
    (Please can we have a full manual for this software)

• if you refresh the page , you have this

in the right corner , you can confirm or delete the text....

Not sure for the cancel button , it is a problem when you click the false button ....

• Thanks for that Marc, I was aware of that and that feature and that in itself has caused confusion too on my forum, ie why does a "draft" as the software calls it, has to be restored when the post is already submitted.

But basically, if text is typed into a post that is subsequently not wanted, we just want to cancel the post without having to do a refresh. It's a critical button for any forum.

• Usually this should be emptied automatically once submitted, correct Alexander Ebert

This is exactly part of the problem, it doesn't always get emptied.

Perhaps users have multiple browser windows open, or something else, but I am frequently encountering that I am being presented with text that has got "stuck" in the memory that I do not want.

• This is exactly part of the problem, it doesn't always get emptied.

Perhaps users have multiple browser windows open, or something else, but I am frequently encountering that I am being presented with text that has got "stuck" in the memory that I do not want.

Jupiter: I agree with you about adding a "Cancel" button - and for the same reasons you mentioned in your Posts 1 and 3.

Also, the Screen Shot in Post 2 by marcbelgique - which shows "Draft Restored" followed by a Green Check Mark and Red X ......

I must admit that confused me from the get-go. I have since learned "to live with it" so to speak; but I can't help but wonder if Members

(present and future) of my forum are going to find this an annoyance.

With other forums and websites I have had in the past - including those unrelated to Woltlab Forum Software - I discovered that it

does not take much to get people annoyed an/or confused; and when this happens, they usually end up looking for another

website or forum.

DJ

• Thank you Ruff Seas,

Can you like my first post which gives a quick way for Woltlab staff to see who agrees with my suggestion? Thanks. Lots more suggestions to come...

• Alexander Ebert

Further to my request for a cancel button, it has just occurred to me that a cancel button already exists when editing a thread.

Alexander, is it possible using CSS to have a cancel button on my forum as standard when creating new threads, while you decide whether to implement my suggestion or not?

Many thanks

Jupiter

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!