[Solved] IPN Problems (Paid Subscriptions)

• I have IPN (Paid Subscriptions) problems since a long time ago (almost 2 years).

But is time now to fix this issue for good.

Everything is ok regarding setup (Server Side - WBB - Paypal IPN)

But never any transaction completed successfully.

Always I received this Error status from IPN messaging .

Always HTTP response code 500 ....

Is the IPN Message valid and the format is correct ?

I have a miss-configuration in IPN ?

BTW my Notification URL seems to work fine and waiting IPN messages to arrive from Paypal.

Notification URL => https://xiaomi-miui.gr/community/index.php/PaypalCallback/

Help needed my friends because I have to add manually all the transactions, but the problem is HUGE now, because I can't continue this way.

We have more than 30k members now, and is impossible to do it this way.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dimitris.....

• Official Post

To log the error, you can add in the file wcf/lib/action/PaypalCallbackAction.class.php after line 101 (@header('HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error');) the following code: $e->getExceptionID();.

This will log the error message in the WCF log.

• I tried to resend last IPN transaction and the error returned was the following.

Here is the problem I think => mb_convert_encoding('76GWRMNARXFYN', 'UTF-8', 'WINDOWS-1253')

mb_convert_encoding(): Illegal character encoding specified

• Done my friends....

I changed the encoding to UTF-8 ...

Now I will wait for a new transaction to be placed and see if will completed without any issues..

I think is wise to keep the error log report patch by this addition mentioned by Josh ...

To log the error, you can add in the file wcf/lib/action/PaypalCallbackAction.class.php after line 101 (@header('HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error');) the following code: $e->getExceptionID();.

This will log the error message in the WCF log.

And is better to add this extra line to the source code in github and in a future update help others to trace better the issues.. :thumbup:

• AWESOME NEWS !!!!!

CASE Solved...

The problem was the encoding (Windows-1253 => Modern Greek).

After new values at Paypal Account for ONLY UTF-8 pagecoding, the Service now is Running just fine..

Thanks again my friends for your Help and Support. :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!