Extra lines added to CSS code when text is pasted

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

Extra lines are being added to CSS code. Example:

I really hate the new editor and issues like this will keep me from upgrading.

• What do you mean by extra lines, do you mean the three spaces used in the CSS you showed.

Zitat
    1. color: transparent;
    3. &::after {

Oh! I see what you mean, after each CSS entry there's a blank line used before next one. When it should be like this.

Code
    .messageSidebar .userCredits .externalURL {
        width: 20px;
        overflow: hidden;
        display: inline-block;
        white-space: nowrap;
        position: relative;
        color: transparent;
  • Must admit I'm not really liking Redactor 2 either. I haven't from the start ever since looking at RAW code in HTML mode and seeing all these empty paragraph tags used needlessly to create line spaces and what not else looking a bit of mess. I'm starting to think they shouldn't have gone with Redactor 2, tried something else instead.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Please include the browser and version you're using, these kind of issues are more often than not browser-specific and can differ greatly. I also appreciate to know the source from the pasted data, that is from where it was copied (e.g. Notepad, an editor somewhere, a post, etc.).

• I was using the latest version of Firefox when I made my original post in this thread. I am trying it now with the latest version of Chrome.

It seems to be fine with Chrome.

I should have mentioned that when using Firefox I couldn't use my Backspace key while the code tag was open.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I should have mentioned that when using Firefox I couldn't use my Backspace key while the code tag was open.

May I ask you to report this in a separate thread please, it is a different issue and this way I can work on each independently. Please include precise instructions what I need to do to reproduce the problem :)

• May I ask you to report this in a separate thread please, it is a different issue and this way I can work on each independently. Please include precise instructions what I need to do to reproduce the problem

Was anything changed since you posted that? I was going to create the thread, but the issue with pasting text within the code tags seems to gone, as well as the backspace issue. Still while using Firefox.

• Was anything changed since you posted that? I was going to create the thread, but the issue with pasting text within the code tags seems to gone, as well as the backspace issue. Still while using Firefox.

Scratch the above, the issue with the extra spaces still exists.

• Both were the result of faulty code written by me that attempted to unify the paste result, I'm sorry.

LOL, there is no need for anyone on the WoltLab team to be sorry for anything, you guys make the best forum+ software on the market.

It will take me awhile to get used to the new editor even without any issues.

How soon can you take my money for WBB 5?

• Most likely this December.

If I asked you to please hold off until January for more stable release, would it do me any good? I know folks want it ASAP and I know internally you have some sort of deadline, but I much would prefer you stop with internal deadlines and pushed out a more stable release.

Invision Power Board does 1 thing right.... It's ready when it's ready. It's why v4 has been more solid than v3 (in my opinion).

System

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (1607.14393.447) - 64bit

Windows 7 Enterprise (6.1 build 7601 : Service Pack 1) - 64bit

Windows XP Professional (5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.161003-1531 : Service Pack 3) - 32bit

VOJ320F1A on NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1GB DDR3)

Screen Resolution:1920px x 1080px

AMD Athlon II X4 630 (2.8 Ghz)

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 Ram

• Invision Power Board does 1 thing right.... It's ready when it's ready. It's why v4 has been more solid than v3 (in my opinion).

IPS4 was released a whole year and a half after they initially said it would be ready, and yes they gave an estimated date. When IPS4 was finally released it was full of bugs that they just got under control recently.

• IPS4 was released a whole year and a half after they initially said it would be ready, and yes they gave an estimated date. When IPS4 was finally released it was full of bugs that they just got under control recently.

I do not recall them having a due date set in stone for 4.0 and our shared experience may be different as I finished migrating around the time of 4.1 ;) (mid-edit: There are 52 weeks in a year and at one point v3 was averaging a security update every 2 weeks. I think v4 is much better)

My only issue really with IPB4 is they still use CKeditor. This really does bottle down their page load. For testing (mostly just to see what it would be like), I removed their editor on my test site and IPB4 was extremely and impressively fast without it. I hope some day they realize their error in keeping with CKeditor.

That being said, I still would rather there not be an internal deadline

System

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (1607.14393.447) - 64bit

Windows 7 Enterprise (6.1 build 7601 : Service Pack 1) - 64bit

Windows XP Professional (5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.161003-1531 : Service Pack 3) - 32bit

VOJ320F1A on NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1GB DDR3)

Screen Resolution:1920px x 1080px

AMD Athlon II X4 630 (2.8 Ghz)

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 Ram

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Abuse_and_Troll_Test (5. Dezember 2016 um 18:41)

• I'm simply not blaming the editor when it was me who screwed up ;)

Most likely this December.

Hmmm... I tested WBB 3.1 and you went through two RC releases before gold version (if I remember right). You have not made any RC release of this yet and already it's 5th Dec. If you're talking about a gold release in December, seem a bit odd that because you've not got time left now really to test any further RC releases made... unless you stick to end of Jan plan.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!