cannot edit profile post

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Core

Type message

Submit

Click edit

Type new message

Click submit and nothing happens (does not submit, as if the button were just a display).

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

System

Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB (1607.14393.447) - 64bit

Windows 7 Enterprise (6.1 build 7601 : Service Pack 1) - 64bit

Windows XP Professional (5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.161003-1531 : Service Pack 3) - 32bit

VOJ320F1A on NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (1GB DDR3)

Screen Resolution:1920px x 1080px

AMD Athlon II X4 630 (2.8 Ghz)

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 Ram

• Cannot reproduce either.

https://beta.woltlab.com/user/142-sami/

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• Cannot reproduce the issue.

Cannot reproduce either.

https://beta.woltlab.com/user/142-sami/

You are trying to edit your post after making a post, correct?

System

Windows XP Professional (5.1 build 2600.xpsp_sp3_qfe.161003-1531 : Service Pack 3) - 32bit

• Correct. I followed your steps exactly, without reloading in between or anything else.

Chrome.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• Correct. I followed your steps exactly, without reloading in between or anything else.

Chrome.

As it turns out, the root of the cause is this

Grammarly

Sadly, this will mean our company forums will not be able to use, WoltLab Burning Board as originally planned. Rather we'll be using Invision Power Board.

System

• Because Grammarly is bugged? Sorry, this makes me laugh.

• Because Grammarly is bugged? Sorry, this makes me laugh.

Because WoltLab is buggy with Grammary (since Grammarly works everywhere else...ie... vBulletin, IPB, XF, etc.. etc...).

The powers that be (well above my pay grade); have it installed on everyone's computer.

System

• Well, to be honest. Third-Party-Software should be the ones who need to adapt, not the forum software. Therefore it's Grammarly that is buggy with WoltLab ;) How about asking there for support? In my opinion it's their job, not woltlabs. If woltlab needs to use a special editor implementation because they want it like that for whatever, they should raelly NOT refrain from this for some third-party-app. Sorry, my opinion.

It's like that everywhere else.

• Well, to be honest. Third-Party-Software should be the ones who need to adapt, not the forum software. Therefore it's Grammarly that is buggy with WoltLab ;) How about asking there for support? In my opinion it's their job, not woltlabs. If woltlab needs to use a special editor implementation because they want it like that for whatever, they should raelly NOT refrain from this for some third-party-app. Sorry, my opinion.

Since in this case WoltLab is the 3rd party software that does not work with Grammarly, which works with every forum software and including office suites such as Microsoft Office and Libre Office (in beta), that makes WoltLab the odd man out.

System

• It doesn't. Grammarly is Third-Party-Software as addon to those systems. It's Grammarlys problem to adapt. Noone can know all fivehundred thousand addons out there and make them work. Sorry.

• It doesn't. Grammarly is Third-Party-Software as addon to those systems.

It is matter of perspective... When you have 1 thing that is compatible with everything, except for another 1 thing, that other 1 thing that is standing alone all by itself is the odd man out. You may not like it, but in this instance, WoltLab is the odd man out, since Grammarly works for everything.

System

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Abuse_and_Troll_Test (28. November 2016 um 21:20)

• I disagree. This is only your view. Objectively it's Grammarlys Problem and not woltlabs. The argument "But all others", "But everyone else", "Everywhere" are typical child and user arguments and worth nothing. But if you therefore can't use WBB - i don't care. But i think that is ridiculous, even though a higher paygrade decides that.

• I disagree. This is only your view. Objectively it's Grammarlys Problem and not woltlabs. The argument "But all others", "But everyone else", "Everywhere" are typical child and user arguments and worth nothing.

The only thing childish is your automatic dismissal in a childish manner to the reality of our world. That is when a spade is a spade, it's still a spade everywhere it goes. When something is true, yet your only argument is to belittle those you disagree with, you fail to make a convincing argument and result in calling others children, proving yourself to be the child.

It's OK to disagree and it's OK to have a different perspective, as I previously stated we both clearly have. Which does not invalidate either of our difference of perspective, though from your tantrum, I feel this conversation will go no where.

Have a wonderful day.

System

• No, you don't understand. Software that shall work with something is the software that needs to be made compatible. (Grammarly is the Addon, not WBB!) If you can't accept this fact, there is indeed no further discussion base. There are no perspectives here, as having this perspective is the childish thing. I can't blame XYZ for my software not being compatible with them, i have to make it compatible. There is no perspectives possible if you see it objectivley. Perspective means that it seems to you like it's woltlabs fault, because its the only software it does not work with. But this is incorrect. You can't say it's woltlabs job / fault, just because it's the only software Grammarly is not working with. But you are doing that. And that is wrong.

If this is not argument enough for you, we can go to kindergarden and fight out who is the child ...

Zitat

result in calling others children

I didn't. I showed a typical occurance of those "everyone else" arguments. And this is a valid argument. That didn't mean you are childish. It meant, that i don't see you having an argument, as "every other software works" is none for me. I also said this is a typical user argument - meaning an argument of users i heard often in my life while they are expecting that it HAS to work, too, because it works everywhere else. But it doesn't have to. Thats the point.

I hope i could explain myself better now :)

4 Mal editiert, zuletzt von D3nnis3n (28. November 2016 um 21:43)

• No, you don't understand. Software that shall work with something is the software that needs to be made compatible. (Grammarly is the Addon, not WBB!) If you can't accept this fact, there is indeed no further discussion base. There are no perspectives here, as having this perspective is the childish thing. I can't blame XYZ for my software not being compatible with them, i have to make it compatible. There is no perspectives possible if you see it objectivley. Perspective means that it seems to you like it's woltlabs fault, because its the only software it does not work with. But this is incorrect. You can't say it's woltlabs job / fault, just because it's the only software Grammarly is not working with. But you are doing that. And that is wrong.

If this is not argument enough for you, we can go to kindergarden and fight out who is the child ...

You're thinking in the terms of absolute and nothing in life is absolute. Life, as well as software (and hardware), is forever fluid and changing regarding on how things are done or perceived. When something becomes common or widely used, you must adapt; that is the nature of life.

I never attempted to place blame solely onto WoltLab, only stated the simple fact at this time, for one of my communities that I help administrate, WoltLab Burning Board will not fit our needs as they have not yet adapted to something that has become common and widely used. Grammarly is one of the top recommendations for Google, Firefox, Opera, Microsoft Windows App Store, and Apple Store. It has been commonly recommended for about a year and while, you, yourself may not use it, it is widely used and not something to simply be ignored.

I would ask that you please try to have your conversation with people in a more civil manner. You get more bees with honey. And I would also hope as a person, you think a bit further outside your comfort zone. No man or woman is island onto his or herself.

Again, I wish you well and have a pleasant day :)

Dateien

System

• Well, that get's into a philosopical discussion. And this is nothing we can discuss here. But i disagree, there are absolute things.

Also you did blame WoltLab indirectly on several occasions. (There was another thread about Grammarly) It might be true it's wideley used (i don't know it, don't know a single person that is using it and find it not very widley used, but okay), but i'm convinced it's grammarly that needs to adapt, if it shall be compatible.

And please read my signature. It's for people that don't understand that everything i say is my opinion and not gods speech. I see no reason to talk around instead of saying my opinion harsh and directly just because some people are unable to interpret as it was written - as opinion. And in this case my opinion is that it's wrong to give woltlab any blame. Sorry, i didn't translate it to english yet, as i didn't thought this will be needed.

• If some application is not working in eg. Windows that means that Microsoft need to fix Windows or developer should fix his app?

I'm agreeing with @D3nnis3n and request should be done to Grammarly to update their app/extension to work here.

When Grammarly developing was started - Grammarly need to adapt their idea to different board system so I see completely no reason that this should change just because Grammarly is now (somehow) popular.

Grammarly is extension to board systems, not board systems are addons to Grammarly.

EDIT: Also I believe that anyhow this will be fixed by Grammarly team just to keep their extension as popular and wideasperead as possible.

• We are already three agreeing on this *g*

• If some application is not working in eg. Windows that means that Microsoft need to fix Windows or developer should fix his app?

Microsoft thinks so. They have been redesigning Windows as service for 3 years now and often changing key components to fit the needs of developers so that they could incorporate a wider range of possible compatibility for both software and hardware. Point of fact, Red Stone 1 (The Anniversary Build) was designed for better compatibility for what was in the world at the time as widely used or common.

Not the argument you thought you would be supporting, eh? Sometimes the more you know.

System

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!