Importer: if avatar is smaller than 96x96 - it is not imported

• I'm not sure if it is a bug, but better to report to be sure ;)

When importing avatars - if picture size is less than 96x96 - avatar is not imported at all.

I think that it should be imported anyway, just upscaled to minimal width & height.

• Avatars below 128x128 will not be imported and can't be uploaded. Skaling seems to be no acceptable option.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• My consideration is related to fact that I'm slowly going to switch to WBB from very old IPB community and really a lot of avatars are smaller - after import many users will lost their avatars...

• Thats not different in wbb upgrades, many users with smaller avatars need to upload a new one.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• Avatars below 128x128 will not be imported and can't be uploaded. Skaling seems to be no acceptable option.

The maximum dimensions for avatars in myBB are: 100x100 pixels. So, there won't be any avatars imported from mybb?

• My consideration is related to fact that I'm slowly going to switch to WBB from very old IPB community and really a lot of avatars are smaller - after import many users will lost their avatars...

Yeah, just one of those things really because minimum avatar size is 128x128 for WBB Suite to fit avatar placement. So it's correct really that they shouldn't be imported unless matching same size, or being over it.

• well, that's a let down, I won't migrate to WBB if all of postings in our community will be without avatars.

• They will just need to upload newer, bigger and state-of-the-art avatars. It's the fault of mybb that only so little avatars can be uploaded. Blame myBB for being old.

• Blame myBB for being old.

I am not blaming anyone here, and I won't. mybb has already done a good job by providing free software out there.

I haven't try the importer yet, i'll update here after confirming the issue.

• And why this is suddenly possible? oO

• That would be great, sometimes really avatars are just few pixels too small, subtle resizing won't break them and that will save a lot of older avatars added many years ago ;)

I'm happy that this small change was done - thanks guys! ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!