First Plugins Approved in the Plugin-Store

• My first two itsy bitsy plugins have gone live in the plugin-store, and that's kind of fun. :)

The first is called "Fancypost". Basically, it's a BBCode that lets you use specific CSS attributes to style a section of your post. The CSS attributes are limited to a specific group based on safety to the layout of the forum, ease of use, and actual usefulness. For example, width and height are limited to 100% width of the forum and a specific height. Anything over the limits causes the Fancypost to scroll within the post boundaries. All of the specifically allowed CSS attributes are mentioned on the Plugin-Store page.

The second is also a BBCode plugin; it simply allows the embedding of Google Maps. There isn't much to say about it, it's just an easy to create plugin that was in the "Wishes for new plugins" board. :P

I have a couple more plugins coming down the pipe that have a bit more functionality. One is for "Post Templates", which lets you allow users to create an admin settable number of "templates" with an admin settable number of characters in each that can be easily inserted within a post using a convenient little button in the editor bar.

The other is a "Word Replacement" plugin as wished for here. This is a functionality that exists on my current forum, so it's something I need to create anyway. The plugin will allow the admin to set specific words that should be replaced, and what the should be replaced with. It'll also allow an admin to set whether or not a user can disable the word replacements for themselves, or if users can create word replacements that only effect themselves. It'll also allow the admin to set the maximum number of word replacements users can make, if that functionality is enabled (because you always have that one user that has to wreck things if not kept in check...).

Both of the above have made their way through my personal testing, but now need to make their way past the quality standards of the Woltlab moderators. Let's hope I'm not too awful. :)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von DynamoGeek (18. Oktober 2016 um 16:39)

• But you have -8 plugins in your system

I know, it's sad. :P

A resolved bug for Filebase 2.1 suggests that it's a fixed bug, but the fix hasn't been applied to the Filebase here on Woltlab. As I understand, it's not as simple as updating Filebase due to the additional customizations to Filebase specific to Woltlab.

• Zitat

One is for "Post Templates", which lets you allow users to create an admin settable number of "templates" with an admin settable number of characters in each that can be easily inserted within a post using a convenient little button in the editor bar.

Canned Messages, finally? Gawd, i hohe YouTube continue in 5.0.

Consider acp controlled templates for Moderatoren needs.

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• Sorry, i got fever and a new smartphone that fucks my words up.

First sentence:
    Gawd, i hope you continue your plugins in 5.0.

To your question:
    Our Support Team got several canned messages, at the moment saved in the internal board or in word. The moderation team has that too. These are simple notices like for moving, closing, warning, back to topic, etc. This is comfortable in bigger forums where every moderative action should / must be announced with reason.

Settings would be easy. In acp you would create a template in a post editor, give it a name and use rights. How to insert is a bit complicated. In phpbb, where you still got a reply button there is a dropdown titled canned messages next to it. In it you select the message, for example "Offtopic Warning", then you get to the post page with the template inserted.

There even was an plugin posting messages automatically on moving / closing with option to give a reason and one that made it possible to close / move while sending the canned messages. (Tick to close, dropdown for move) but this is over the top and not near your intended plugin.

I just wanted you to might consider that, i know several boards that could use that. Many did also like the note plugins in WBB 3.1 that could be used for canned messages (but not very comfortable).

And might i propose another little useful plugin?
    In 4.0 there was an plugin called "Post marking", which allowed to create markings of posts in acp (with css, for example red post background oder a big vertikal line) that could be chosen by people with rights for the marking in a dropdown for single posts. This was useful to mark offical posts what is especially good when your staff hast no color or special rank. When that plugin was no longer available staff had to use the signature for offical posts, but in 5.0 signature can no longer
    be applied to chosen posts only. I can no longer mark offical posts now :(

Thst plugin wasnt free and I would be happy to pay you some dollars, too.

PS: Sorry, my english is bad today, i can't concentrate and my new phone fucks the words up. I hope my fever decreases soon. :(

Meine Beiträge stellen - sofern nicht ausdrücklich anders gekennzeichnet - ausschließlich meine subjektive und aus Erfahrung und / oder Reflexion gewonnene Meinung dar und sind nicht als Fakten zu verstehen. Meinungen sind persönliche Ansichten und benötigen keine Belege. In Deutschland gilt nach Artikel 5 des Grundgesetzes Meinungsfreiheit. Meine Beiträge stellen keine Rechtsberatung dar, hierzu bin ich nicht befugt.

• FancyPostGawd, i hope you continue your plugins in 5.0.

No worries! When your first sentence isn't auto-corrected, it makes plenty of sense. I do plan to continue any plugins into 5.0 that their are demand for, and this seems to be one of them. I need to finish a bunch of work to get my current forum switched over to WBB 4.1 (from SMF) before I spend too much time working on "non-essential" stuff. :)

And might i propose another little useful plugin?

I have a plugin called FancyPost that allows you to style your posts using CSS in a BBCode. It wouldn't be ideal/exactly what you want, but it's free (which is always nice). You could install the BBCode and allow only the appropriate User Groups to use that BBCode (so other users couldn't fake official posts). Combining this with the Post Templates plugin I'll have coming in the next couple weeks (gotta make it through review and find time to fix anything that's found ) would be pretty close to what you describe above.

Speaking of Post Templates, as an off the cuff idea, what if you could create default Post Templates per User Group? You could create the Post Templates needed for canned responses and they'd automatically be shown for use for the appropriate User Group.

Hopefully that fever dissipates, regardless of your need for use of English. :D

• Yes, that get's pretty close and would be a good solution for now. But we didn't style the post content but the post itself - so the borders of it. You might take a look at the original plugin:

woltlab.com/pluginstore/file/657/

That enables very professional solutions like Blizzards "Blue Posts". But hey, better than nothing like now. But i'm pretty sure you will find users for a new plugin like that, too.

Speaking of Post Templates, as an off the cuff idea, what if you could create default Post Templates per User Group? You could create the Post Templates needed for canned responses and they'd automatically be shown for use for the appropriate User Group.

What exactly is the difference to my idea with user rights? The thing is, all our staff is not visible as staff and posts as a usual member. Only when a moderative action is taken the Post was highlighted / signature shown. The post templates would be a good solution for close messages, canned support messages, etc. It would make the job easier and faster.

PS: Post-Highlight was based on Rank. So Administrators had something styled red, supporters orange and moderators blue. But all of them use the same canned messages, so i would need to create multiple of them.

However, just an idea for when it's boring. I don't know if it is harder to implement as posting templates, but i would think not. And i got no problem with it being a paid plugin.

Hopefully that fever dissipates, regardless of your need for use of English.

Thank you. It's getting better.

• Didn't knew there is one ;) Unfortunatley, noone did take it over. :(

• However, just an idea for when it's boring. I don't know if it is harder to implement as posting templates, but i would think not. And i got no problem with it being a paid plugin.

My life hasn't been overly boring for far too long. :D I'll ponder the general idea, especially as it relates Blizzard's Blue Posts, and see if something doesn't hit me in the future. Maybe I'll throw together a small and single purpose plugin in the future if no one has created such a thing by the time I have a moment.

• You got an advantage: The original plugin is now opensource on Github :D

I wish you "One Moment in Time" *g*

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!