Migrating from MyBB 1.8

• I plan to purchase and migrate my forum to Burning Board, I am using myBB 1.8

before purchasing there are some questions.

• right now, there's only mybb 1.6 to Burning B converter, so can i use it to migrate my forum? are there any problem using this converter?
    • I am using mybb plugin calles GOOGLE SEO, https://github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Google-SEO > it create pretty URL using htaccess. Is it possible to redirect my old URL to burning board URL?
    • Many of my users use social login integration ie: facebook login. Will they be able to login using their facebook account after migration?
    • Will you give me full support/help to solved migration problems?
    • Offizieller Beitrag

right now, there's only mybb 1.6 to Burning B converter, so can i use it to migrate my forum? are there any problem using this converter?

Yes, it works for MyBB 1.8.x too.

I am using mybb plugin calles GOOGLE SEO, github.com/frostschutz/MyBB-Google-SEO > it create pretty URL using htaccess. Is it possible to redirect my old URL to burning board URL?

We don't have ready to use redirects on hand, but since it requires at minimum the object id (e.g. thread id, user id, etc.) it should be quite easy to figure them out.

Many of my users use social login integration ie: facebook login. Will they be able to login using their facebook account after migration?

As far as I know these 3rd party logins are not preserved during the import, but you could re-issue passwords for these users. After login they can manually connect their accounts with Facebook again.

Will you give me full support/help to solved migration problems?

Licensees have full access to the official ticket support through the customers area, this also include assistance regarding any issues encountered during/post migration.

• Offizieller Beitrag

There is no such guide for MyBB, mostly because it is not a built-in feature. You could use the article (Apache) Make vBulletin internal links in Burning Board 4 functional to start with, it shows how to create redirects for vBulletin to Burning Board 4.1 and should be a good start. Feel free to ask us if you need any further help.

• Offizieller Beitrag

As I see here, there's no polling feature in Woltlab BB,

You might have overlooked them, but polls are indeed built into the software. They can even be created with each post, given the permissions set for user groups.

Edit: I have assumed that you've tried the demo, in case you didn't: we've disabled polls on our site, so you won't have much luck finding them. Feel free to get yourself a demo from https://www.woltlab.com/demo/ and try it out to see if our software has everything you need. :)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hello @zikri,

new major versions go through a fixed process that eventually dictates the schedule:

• Publish a public beta hosted by us for everyone to try out
    • Fix any issues revealed in the first public test
    • Release a public beta available for download for everyone (literally everyone, no license required)
    • Fix any issues, polish features and release another beta version, repeat until it gets sufficiently stable
    • Once the software is stable enough we'll release a RC version (= "release candidate"), again pushing out as many until everything is working fine
    • Gold release, yay!

Neither the number of beta/RC release nor the time between each release is fixed, we take all the time we need to build a stable and good product. A fixed release date for the gold release is usually set 4 to 6 weeks earlier.

A rough estimate would be a release by the end of this year, but this isn't guaranteed as outlined above.

• very nice, the end of this year is not too far. i'll be waiting

Is there any way to subscribe to Woltlab newsletter? I would like to be notified via email about next release.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!