Page Speed Optimization Options

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

Hello,

I have always been a big fan of optimizations in regard of page speed.

I noticed that there are many *.JS files which are being loaded even for guests which are not really needed in my opinion.

I think some users and site admins would prefer a better SEO over a (for example) fancy POP-UP for guests. Of course these options are great for user experience but this has meaning when the USER is logged in.

What I have done to my forums was hiding all *.JS files for guests user group using conditional tags.

Since not many users are not comfortable editing templates one by one , so having an option like "Disabling Fancy -or- *.js files for Guests User Group" would be a great idea.

By disabling the JS files I was able to reduce the page load time for a bout 2 seconds.

Here are the results :
    http://www.webpagetest.org/result/160531_K1_1HRD/

Thank you

• I hope oyu did that within the ACP and not the raw files on your FTP.IF you did that on your FTP they might get exchanged with new/fresh files during an update and your modifactions will be lost

Thank for the heads up :)

Yeah for sure. I never edit the core files... I worked on a new template group. ;)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!