How to change folder icon?

• How do I change the forum folder icon with either an image or FontAwesome? I know a plugin exists for this but I would like to do it without using the plugin.

• the plugin does nothing else than creating a custom css/less file includet in all your styles.
    So it does not really harm your page speed, as you need the same css in your style anyway...

Code
    .wbbBoardList li[data-board-id="6"] > .wbbBoard > .icon.icon-folder-close::before, .wbbSubBoards li[data-board-id="6"] > .icon.icon-folder-close::before {
        content: "\f0fb";
        color: #f48918;
    }

Thats for example the css output to change the ison of your board with id=6 to a plane ;)

• Thats for example the css output to change the ison of your board with id=6 to a plane

It doesn't seem to be working for me. What should the CSS look like if you just want to change the icon for all of the categories (have the same icon for all of them)?

• Try this:

Code
    .wbbBoardList li > .wbbBoard > .icon::before, .wbbSubBoards li > .icon::before {
            content: "\f0fb";
            color: #f48918;
        }

EDIT: Again a little mistake, the code was right but you have to change manually the apperence of forums with and forums without new posts, the above code changes both, if you wish to use seperate icons for both use this:

Edited once, last by Morik ().

• EDIT: Again a little mistake, the code was right but you have to change manually the apperence of forums with and forums without new posts, the above code changes both, if you wish to use seperate icons for both use this:

Thank you @Morik, that did it! :)

And thank you for replying @peoples. I knew about that plugin but I wanted to do it with just CSS.

• You're welcome. I thought that you wanted to go the "easy" way ^^

I created a style that people can downloaded on my site and that's why I didn't want to use a plugin. I replaced the folders with a camera icon.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!