How to hide the display sub-forums?

• Hello everyone!
    Tell me how to hide sub forums?
    On the main page I have them hidden.

Here are my settings:

and

• You can't hide sub-forums from being displayed when you go into a forum that has one or more.

I wanted to do same, have sub-forums listed on forum-home page. But when you click the main parent forum not have sub-forums displayed inside that forum. So the sub forums could only be seen and entered from forum-homepage as sub-forums to another.

That was something I used to be able to do with vBulletin 3 years ago

• Official Post

You have to reduce the forum list depth as it controls if child forums are to be displayed.

These are two different settings for a reason:

• Forum List Depth - how far should it go when displaying child forums, and children of these and so on
    • Sub-forums - is the small list of forums that is displayed when there are more child forums, but the depth limit was exhausted

Consider this structure:

• Forum A
    • Forum B
      • Forum C
      • Forum D
        • Forum E
        • Forum F

If Forum List Depth is set to 2, it will display forums A-D, but E and F will be hidden (depth = 3). But the later aren't completely hidden but will appear on the forums list as Forum E, Forum F in small below Forum D. The setting for sub-forums controls this display, if disabled all boards that do not match the depth filter won't be shown.

• @Alexander Ebert - so are you saying by changing those settings it's possible to not have sub-forums that are displayed on the forum homepage (as small icon sub forums to another). Not being displayed as sub-forum list when you enter the parent forum? So the sub-forums are only listed on forum homepage?

• Official Post

You have great control over the forum homepage in terms of displayed forums, both up to which level and how they should be displayed at some point. Entering a forum is a bit different, because it will always display at least the direct children, additional sub-forums (read children of children) will only be displayed according to the configured list depth.

• You have great control over the forum homepage in terms of displayed forums, both up to which level and how they should be displayed at some point. Entering a forum is a bit different, because it will always display at least the direct children, additional sub-forums (read children of children) will only be displayed according to the configured list depth.

To be honest, I did not understand a bit. On the main page the Subforums can be hidden and inside the forum there?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!