help about quote system

• Could you be more specific? What do you mean by "just last quote"? You can either quote an entire message or just parts of it at your discretion. This is easily achievable by selecting the text with your mouse and choose either Save Quote or Insert Quote.

Or you do have spacing problems between quotes from different posts? In that case, you can simply switch to BBCode editor and remove the break lines and fix the spacing between quotes and replies.

Or maybe you could attach a picture showing the problem.

• Could you be more specific? What do you mean by "just last quote"? You can either quote an entire message or just parts of it at your discretion. This is easily achievable by selecting the text with your mouse and choose either Save Quote or Insert Quote.

Or you do have spacing problems between quotes from different posts? In that case, you can simply switch to BBCode editor and remove the break lines and fix the spacing between quotes and replies.

Or maybe you could attach a picture showing the problem.

for example, the difference in burning board vs. xenforo.

• for example, the difference in burning board vs. xenforo.

actually, people wanna read just reply, there is no need to put previous words together, I prefer xenforo's way to handle this situation, can we also do it the same way in burning board?

• In fact, I just selected the text I wanted to quote, and didn't need to quote the whole post including what we said before. You can single out words even, and that's all that will show up, and not all quoted posts. A click on the author's name on my post, and you can see all those posts at a glance.

• The are just two different approaches. XF only shows the last post of an author that might have quoted and included 5 posts in his reply. WBB actually shows those posts, so the readers has a better understanding of what the author of the last post is writing about and can refer to those quotes without going back to them. You can always add Spoiler or as I mentioned above, just select the text you want to quote, without quoting everyone else.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• The are just two different approaches. XF only shows the last post of an author that might have quoted and included 5 posts in his reply. WBB actually shows those posts, so the readers has a better understanding of what the author of the last post is writing about and can refer to those quotes without going back to them. You can always add Spoiler or as I mentioned above, just select the text you want to quote, without quoting everyone else.

Externer Inhalt youtu.be
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

wow, so quick, thanks a lot for that.

I just feel it is not that easy to do it on a smart phone, on a desktop, that is not a problem at all

• It really is that easy ;)

This is why I prefer WBB quoting system over the competition. For instance, I actually like that I can see the quotes nested in one's reply, so I know what the author is talking about and referring to without me needing to scroll up and read the related posts. Sure, on a phone screen you might need to scroll down a bit to read those quotes, but the fact that they're all in one thread makes it all the more coherent and easier to reply.

Or you can just select the text you need. After all, those who use their phone a lot already do that when they copy and paste text from a web page or use word processors on their mobile device ;)

• Click on the dropdown menu located on the right corner of one's post, and then on the button "Quote." This way you can quote one message or multiple posts and authors. Once you click on Quote, you'll see a grey tooltip on the right bottom corner of the screen - Quotes (x), which allows you to select them and decide the order in which you want them to appear on your reply. Once you include those quotes in your message you can either keep them as they are or simply delete those you don't want to show there.

• Ah yes, that's not possible as far as I know. But it's still easy enough to quote the paragraph and delete what you don't need, leaving only the sentences that you want to quote. Although I find this need of yours a bit unconventional, since when I quote multiple people or only one who also quoted others in his message, I prefer my reply showing all the nested quotes, so who's reading or is interested in the discussion doesn't need to scroll up and look for references, because they are already there. In sum, you like more xenforo's ways, while I don't, and I prefer WBB approach. My that's just my 0.2 cents, and I understand your needs here.

Anyways, maybe there is a way to select and quote single sentences you'd need to include in your post, but I haven't found it yet.

• make s selection is pretty hard on mobile phone, the disadvantage of reply is you do not know who you are talking to, most of time people just need a name and a few words from original post, that is the main reason I like xenforo's way, but still not perfect

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!