2.1 beta 2 - The link you are trying to reach is no longer available or invalid.

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Filebase

EDIT:NOT A BUG -- I often forget that you MUST have an htaccess file in EACH application folder (blogs, gallery, filebase, calendar). This was my own error for not doing so and thus, not a bug of the software.

oops! :P

I'm going to report this as a bug, because if it's not a bug... It's a design flaw so big, that from the end user, it's only going to be seen as a bug.

The link you are trying to reach is no longer available or invalid.

^ When a category is empty, rather than showing you or giving you the option to add something, it just displays that message. It really should act like an empty forum, where the user is not directed to an error message, but rather given an empty category (just like an empty forum) and shown the add button.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (29. Juli 2015 um 02:40)

• Out of interest, when you say this link is no longer valid. Does is show a link and when you click it shows invalid page.

If the category is empty, it shows that error. So, yes. Ideally, it should be no different than an empty forum or blog category, where you're given the option to add something and not be given an error telling you it's invalid.

• EDIT:NOT A BUG -- I often forget that you MUST have an htaccess file in EACH application folder (blogs, gallery, filebase, calendar). This was my own error for not doing so and thus, not a bug of the software.

( Updated post #1 to reflect this )

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (29. Juli 2015 um 02:40)

• Or one in root
    For all

A quick search easily points out that has mixed results... As other people end up using different htaccess files for that very reason. It is also why other people, including myself, kept trying to find working nginx rewrite.

Why there was no universal, one size fits all rewrite that worked for everyone... I have no idea. But it is an issue that seems to only affect, WoltLab and it has me puzzled.

For that reason and for simplicity, I use simply this

^ And add it into each new application :) This seems to work best. ;)

• Aha! I use this, take note of top entry. WoltLab doesn't use index.html files in any folders to stop directory browsing

Try and browse my smiley folder, because you could and see them all. http://general-discussion.com/wcf/images/smilies/

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Macondiana (29. Juli 2015 um 01:08)

• Aha! I use this, take note of top entry. WoltLab doesn't use index.html files in any folders to stop directory browsing

I already have it... This is what I use in all the directories

The actual one I use in ROOT is this :P

• But I notice if I browse to your sites smiley folder I'm served a server error page, using what I do keeps them on the site and serves them a forum error page instead and there's no need to stick a deny htaccess file in every folder. Just the one quick entry is needed in htaccess file located in root

• But I notice if I browse to your sites smiley folder I'm served a server error page, using what I do keeps them on the site and serves them a forum error page instead and there's no need to stick a deny htaccess file in every folder. Just the only entry is needed in htaccess file located in root

I have no error on my side (when using smilies inside the community)... And if you browsing my folders gives you an error... Good, it's working :)

Adding that alone in root did not work. So I find you need to add it in every folder.

• What I mean is, if somebody browsed to a directory on your site it will serve up a server error page (which takes them away from your site). It's better really if the forum serves up the error page so they are still located on the forum and didn't get lead away from it to a default server error page displayed.

• What I mean is, if somebody browsed to a directory on your site it will serve up a server error page (which takes them away from your site). It's better really if the forum serves up the error page so they are still located on the forum and didn't get lead away from it to a default server error page displayed.

I'm not sure how you get that or why or how to stop it. So it is, what it is.

edit: Actually, after re-reading your reply....

You said you were trying to browse my folders and it gave you that error? It is working exactly as design. And no, the whole point is to take people away from the site when doing so. ;)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Aslan (29. Juli 2015 um 01:35)

• Im just to lazy do have in each folder an htaccess file.
    I do have one in root for all applications and it working like charme

Yeah, same here. I added quite the list there, and I move the file for new test installs or when restoring a backup. It'd be "too much work" otherwise (1)

(1) - laziness speaking there

• Each folder would be to much, but it's not each folder.... Each application ;)

/
    /filebase/
    /gallery/
    /calendar/
    /blog/

for example ... So at most you end up with 5 htaccess files total.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!