Add German or English after install

• App
    WoltLab Suite Core

I think it would be idea for Woltlab to make is easier to install the German or English language after installing WBB. Some people may at 1st decide against it during the install, but later revisit the idea. I found that adding it after didn't completely associate things properly and the files were divided too.

• There was an attempt made to simplify this during WCF 2.0 development, namely via language servers.The remnants of that are still in WCF 2.x, but it was never finished.

I absolutely agree with you, having to fetch dozens of files just to get all language variables is tedious at least.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• I think it would be idea for Woltlab to make is easier to install the German or English language after installing WBB. Some people may at 1st decide against it during the install, but later revisit the idea. I found that adding it after didn't completely associate things properly and the files were divided too.

I went the hard way myself to make sure it was done proper. I cloned my forum on a WAMP Localhost install which took days having to clone everything from one forum over to another one new one. Them moved that forum over to live site replacing other one now with German language installed from clean install added proper.

Been a pain doing it really, but didn't see any other solution...

• I went the hard way myself to make sure it was done proper. I cloned my forum on a WAMP Localhost install which took days having to clone everything from one forum over to another one new one. Them moved that forum over to live site replacing other one now with German language installed from clean install added proper.
    Been a pain doing it really, but didn't see any other solution...

A did a semi-hard method (easy, but harder than it should be for a language install)... I installed a fresh copy, then imported everything using the importer. Neither solution is a practical method of installing a simple language

• another method would be installing english or german as well but keeping it disabled, which might be not that hard to put in the installer.

aus angst vor Capslock nutze ich selten shift.

in fear of capslock I rarely use shift.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!