Global Template Group

• App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

First let me say this should be an option that people can use or not use, their choice should be up to them. With that said, I would suggest having an optional "global template group", must like how there is an "everyone user group", but for templates. The point of this would be to easily apply a template change over multiple styles for sites that have many styles.

You would have the choice to either continue to work things as you do not, use the global template group, or switch between it as needed. But the choice would be yours and you could apply things as you needed it.

Ideally, this would make customizing easier when you had many styles. For example, let us say you have 12 styles. You could apply something to the global group and it would apply it to all 12. Or if it wasn't compatible, you could still do it individually, like you do now.

• Make that group inherit from your global group as well.

There really needs to be more tutorials for Woltlab ....

OK so set my group with the default as parent...

Then set other groups with the default of my group...

And their values will not be lost?

• A style will always only deliver the templates that this style changes (or else you should kill the designer).

It really works simply as parent-child relationship.

WCF looks up if the template is in the template group of the style. If it is, it takes that template. If it is not, it looks in the parent group. If it is in the parent group, it takes the template from there. If it's not, it looks in the parent of the parent group and then so, until it either finds the template or reaches the built-in templates.

It's really just a simple hierarchy were a template group can have a parent and where it inherits it's templates from.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

• A style will always only deliver the templates that this style changes (or else you should kill the designer).

It really works simply as parent-child relationship.

WCF looks up if the template is in the template group of the style. If it is, it takes that template. If it is not, it looks in the parent group. If it is in the parent group, it takes the template from there. If it's not, it looks in the parent of the parent group and then so, until it either finds the template or reaches the built-in templates.

It's really just a simple hierarchy were a template group can have a parent and where it inherits it's templates from.

So that was a no... Their templates will not be lost and will still be applied.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!