Search for users by post count to include more than just forums

• App
    WoltLab Suite Core

So I have users who have zero (none) post counts in the forums, but have 500 post count in the blogs or 100 post count in the media gallery. So when I do a search for someone with zero (0) post count, I turn up a lot of false positives.

• That is exactly as it should be. Posts are only posts. Gallery images are not posts, and blog entries are not posts.

You can leverage the activity point system to get a more accurate picture about the overall activity of a member. If you configure blog entries, gallery images and posts to give 1 activity point each, then youcan simply search for users with activity points > 0 and get the result you seem to desire.

Returning users that have only uploaded an image to the gallery when searching for a user that has written at least one post would be plain wrong, though.

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP" — Leonard Nimoy

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!