editor issues -- cell phones

• Affected App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

So I have a few people telling me there are some small issues with their phones. They are as follows....

.I can't get it to hold in bold and green. It has to be one or the other, but not both **shrugs** Its no biggie.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/40.0.2214.111 Safari/537.36

The editor is my bigger issue b/c I can't quote. My profile post delay isn't as big of an issue. It's only a 3 sec delay for me while Dani says hers is 7.

Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.4.2; en-us; SCH-R530U Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30 USCC-R530U

Both claim there is also a post lag when posting on the profile post, but both agree that's not so much an issue as the functionality.

• Official Post

I've tried to verify these reports on a Samsung S3 Mini (Android 4.0) with Chrome 40 and the Android Stock Browser.

• Setting both bold and green color worked smoothly in both browsers
    • Quoting works fine, both manual selection and full quotes
    • Submitting profile posts takes only fractions of a second, tried it locally and on woltlab.com

Please bear in mind that I'm running the development version of 4.1 RC 1 on my local host and woltlab.com runs on an intermediate state (somewhere between Beta 4 and RC 1). Possibly the source of these issues are resolved in RC 1, but since I couldn't reproduce these, I did not test it against a pure Beta 4 (if it is working in RC 1, then it's fine).

A short advice: I recommend using Chrome over the Android Stock Browser, because the later is only a crappy and outdated version of Chrome bound to OS updates to get upgraded, while Chrome is easily up-to-date via the Google Play Store.

Alexander Ebert
    Senior Developer WoltLab® GmbH

• A short advice: I recommend using Chrome over the Android Stock Browser, because the later is only a crappy and outdated version of Chrome bound to OS updates to get upgraded, while Chrome is easily up-to-date via the Google Play Store.

I agree. :D

Thanks for looking into this just the same... As always, thanks for your help :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!