[beta 4] Notifications and alerts - favicon

• Affected App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

This is how my member words it

And this is his user agent

Mozilla/5.0 Mozilla version 5.0 Originally indicated the Netscape web browser, now a generic term which most modern browsers use
    Windows NT 6.1 Windows NT 6.1 Windows 7 (or possibly Windows Server 2008 R2)
    WOW64 WOW64 version 64 bit Windows-On-Windows 64-bit. A 32-bit application is running on a 64-bit processor.
    AppleWebKit/537.36 AppleWebKit version 537.36
    KHTML, like Gecko KHTML, like Gecko
    Chrome/40.0.2214.94 Safari/537.36 Chrome version 40.0.2214.94 Safari/537.36
    • Official Post

Every X minutes the client sends a response to the server to keep the session alive. This request is used to update the notification count on the client, if the user refreshed the page before that request was made, the data is still outdated. Reloading the page of course shows the current data.

X Minutes = Session Expire time in minutes minus 1, if sessions are set to expire after 15 minutes, the request will be sent every 14 minutes.

• Every X minutes the client sends a response to the server to keep the session alive. This request is used to update the notification count on the client, if the user refreshed the page before that request was made, the data is still outdated. Reloading the page of course shows the current data.

X Minutes = Session Expire time in minutes minus 1, if sessions are set to expire after 15 minutes, the request will be sent every 14 minutes.

Well that's not going to be useful. I keep my session expires a bit high to help keep people logged in (especially those who forget to check the box, keep signed in).

• You don't need to, the client will periodically send requests to ensure the session does not expire.

:P

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!