[beta 3] copy and paste image from clipboard does not work

• Betroffene App
    WoltLab Suite Forum

So take an image from the clipboard and paste it into the editor. This doesn't seem to be working at the moment, but it was working before.

A good way to test this is using Microsoft's Snipping Tool to capture a small screen shot and attempt to paste it here. We use this often (A LOT actually) to help answer support questions.

Version: 26.0.1656.60 - Opera is up to date
    Update stream: Stable
    System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (WoW64)
    Browser identification
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.95 Safari/537.36 OPR/26.0.1656.60

• Offizieller Beitrag

Pasting images from clipboard is unreliable and the corresponding API implementations in browsers are buggy and partly incompatible between each other. Image pasting has been deprecated in Redactor 10.0.1 and as a result I have disabled it in our implementation too.

This is an experimental technology
    Because this technology's specification has not stabilized, check the compatibility table for the proper prefixes to use in various browsers. Also note that the syntax and behavior of an experimental technology is subject to change in future versions of browsers as the spec changes.

• Your reasons make sense Alexander but this is a real pity because image copy & paste is one of the most powerful time-savers in my workflow, and that of my users. I found this thread as I was about to post a request for it.

The Gmail interface implements it very well, across browsers, so it can be done, but I accept that it is fraught with difficulties.

• Offizieller Beitrag

@darjeeling Of course it is possible, even in all major browsers. Unfortunately one has to deal with each browser individually because the implementations are not yet fully compatible and support different grades of the paste functionality.

Essentially I've decided against it for now, because adding a proper support in major browsers is too time-consuming, both in terms of initial development and future development to reflect upcoming changes. As soon as this feature has sufficiently stabilized and is almost in sync across browsers, I will happily implement it and serve it to our customers right away. Since we support both manual and drag&drop upload, effectively covering the most common approaches for image/file uploads, it is not the most important thing on my list. But it is still on my list :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!